Solved I get black screen ( No wallpaper) at every startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroke San

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Hi, i get black screen ( no wallpaper ) at every restart. i tried to change wallpapers & tried other methods but didn't work, it changes to black screen at every startup.

id67hd.jpg

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Try this:
Sounds like you mucked about in Ease of Access settings! In the Start menu search field, start typing "turn off" and the first few results should contain "Turn off background images." Click that. [Alternatively, go to Control Panel > Ease of Access > Ease of Access Center > Make the computer easier to see] Scroll down and uncheck "Remove background images (where available)".

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Do you have it set to slideshow? Is this a laptop? Is it a theme wallpaper?

Upvote 0

rachman

Level 1
Verified
Mar 6, 2014
I guess you should more specific, like OS, computer specs, customize themes you did, etc.
run system restore or try run cmd as admin, type command "sfc /scannow"
good luck :)

Reactions: Koroke San
Upvote 0

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Not genuine?Hmmm....Doesn't suppose to say in the lower right corner "This copy of Windows is not genuine..." bla bla bla along with this black screen??

Upvote 0

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
I think this is not related to windows non-genuineness but some hardware or software/driver problem.And you have not given all the info. about your pc..i.e win xp/vista/7/8/8.1and what update installed recently etc.. Any way hope this article may be helpful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Koroke San

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
you should use a licensed copy of Windows :D
Mine is licensed . I just scanned with hitman pro, malwarebytes & EEK at same time & both MBAM & EEK ask me to restart & when i restart i get black screen & MBAM said it didn't found it's rookit driver, something like that. MBAM didn't started automatically in next restart even i checked start with windows, i uninstalled it & restarted again but no luck lolz..

Also my aero themes & installed themes shows black screens. i guess my themes gets corrupted.

Try this:
I checked this already. It's turn on by default.

Hmmmm when was the last time you had the wallpaper? if you have a restore point when you know the wallpaper was last active go with that.
Yes i have. but i want a alternative solution. thnx :D

Look like you have a pirated windows key or no serial key,
i have get this also when i have pass the 31 days of trial.

If It's not that, uninstall some windows désigning software that can cause this
I using my copy of window 7 from 2011 & never faced this type of problem & it's not pirated :)

Do you have it set to slideshow? Is this a laptop? Is it a theme wallpaper?
It's enabled already. Mine is dekstop.

I guess you should more specific, like OS, computer specs, customize themes you did, etc.
run system restore or try run cmd as admin, type command "sfc /scannow"
good luck :)
Mine i set to default aero theme. Window 7 ultimate ( 64 bit )

Have you tried to update your drivers?
Mine driver is up to date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Koroke San

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Not genuine?Hmmm....Doesn't suppose to say in the lower right corner "This copy of Windows is not genuine..." bla bla bla along with this black screen??
Nope, i can change wallpaper after restart but it shows black screen in system startup & i didn't get any pirated message from windows.

have you run the command I suggested to you? just in case if some of system files are corrupt :)
yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Nope, i can change wallpaper after restart but it shows black screen in system startup & i didn't get any pirated message from windows.
My reply was for the guys who think that your Windows copy is not licensed...i meant that if was true,your Windows is not genuine,along with the black screen you would have that notify from Microsoft on the lower right screen.Once it's not there,means that the problem is elsewhere.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.