I have Win32/Dynamer!ac trojan in my Recovery partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingerdinger

Thread author
Jul 27, 2015
I have this trojan,

The Win32/Dynamer!ac file is reported to be located at:
file:D:\preload\base.wim->(Image22250)\Program Files (x86)\HP Games\Polar Golfer\golf-WT.exe->(EXEEmb)->(EXEEmb)

wingerdinger

Thread author
Jul 27, 2015
I have this trojan,

The Win32/Dynamer!ac file is reported to be located at:
file:D:\preload\base.wim->(Image22250)\Program Files (x86)\HP Games\Polar Golfer\golf-WT.exe->(EXEEmb)->(EXEEmb)

I would simply delete the whole HP Games folder if I could get access to it, Win 7 will not let me.

wingerdinger

Thread author
Jul 27, 2015
I am unable to access the recovery partition. If someone can tell me how to change attributes so I can access the file, I would delete it. The folder is hidden from Virustotal.

f.bill1

Oct 24, 2015
I read a lot about this from various sites and have found a solution … if you are using Microsoft Security Essentials. The solution is to exclude the specific file. In my case it was on my recovery drive and tied to HP games and showed up as \preload/base.win…..

Here is what I did:

Open Windows Security essentials

Click on Settings

Click on Files and Locations

Click Browse

Click on the +Recovery Drive

Click on Preload

Click on Base.win

Click on OK

Click on Add

Click Save Changes

Rerun the scan and it will bypass the file.

Note: I have no idea if I can ever recover my system but it wears the only way I could get Microsoft Security Essentials to work. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.