I need a "system guard program" + feedback about a product combination.

T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
Hello,
i've got 2 questions :
The 1st :
I want to use Crystal Security + Bitdefender Free Edition + MBAE Premium + ShadowDefender + Voodoosheild free.
Is it a good security config for realtime protection ? (I've got on-demand scanner, ...).

2nd question :
Do you know a program that protect your system but not by scanning the files (like AV) but protecting the system locations (registery, com objcts...).
A program like thaty exist ???

Thanks !
And sorry for #BadEnglish !

Reactions: LabZero

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
2nd question :
Do you know a program that protect your system but not by scanning the files (like AV) but protecting the system locations (registery, com objcts...).
Comodo firewall if you enable hips

Reactions: LabZero
L

LabZero

Thread author
1) Shadow Defender is for light virtualization, maybe too much real-time programs.

2) Yes exist : Win Patrol free version

WinPatrol is a free program that allows you to keep track of changes made to your system for installed programs.
This program is able to monitor the most important areas of the operating system: the same which are often changed by malicious or dangerous programs.
WinPatrol keeps track of programs that start automatically when Windows starts, cookies are created on your pc, active tasks.

https://www.winpatrol.com

H

hjlbx

Thread author
Hello,
i've got 2 questions :
The 1st :
I want to use Crystal Security + Bitdefender Free Edition + MBAE Premium + ShadowDefender + Voodoosheild free.
Is it a good security config for realtime protection ? (I've got on-demand scanner, ...).

2nd question :

Thanks !
And sorry for #BadEnglish !

Have you tried both Crystal Security and BitDefender free on your specific system?

Choose one or the other - your specific system will quickly tell which one it likes better.

Other than that your other intended softs should work fine together...

It would be a strong, solid config.

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
I think you don't need additional software but you can use bitdefender internet security for better protection.
you grab 6 month bitdefender IS here

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Crystal Security its like a same as SecureAplus so you have complement a layer. (Checked)

Bitdefender Free which AVC is pretty effective in action besides reactive components. (Checked)

MBAM Premium (Checked)

Voodoshield and SD (Checked)

Try to test with EICAR and 3 of them will collide with a same threat. Actually number 1 is a pretty good config (Remove Voodoshield and MBAM Premium)/ and surely no malware should bypass it. ;)

2) As mentioned HIPS should take care the part where the range can include registry and com objects,

Last edited:
Reactions: LAGUN

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.