MikeV

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Hi
I address to people who knows a lot about windows tweaking/customizing.
I am using a windows 8 look theme for my windows 7 64bit
It is extremely light and very stable.
But my profession needs me to spent hours & hours in front of my screen and my eyes are tired very much.
The theme i use is the following :
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Windows-8-8-1-Theme-for-Windows-7-318932206

I really love this theme (i use the black bordered one) but this white background of windows are really annoying......
Is it possible someone to tell me how to change this white bg, with a dark grey one, so it will be more easy for my eyes?
Please view attachment to see what i really need....
Thank you ALL in advance for your precious help.........

P.S. I already contact the creator of this theme but still no answer.........

Attachments

• windowbeforeafter.jpg
    windowbeforeafter.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 469

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Easiest option would be to search for another that uses a dark theme for Windows Explorer.
http://www.deviantart.com/customization/skins/windows7/visualstyle/?q=dark

Also the theme you currently are using states:
Some rights reserved.
  • You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
  • You may not use any element of this theme, dll files or any other part of this pack, created by me, in your work.
  • You may not include this theme or any part of this pack in any kind transformation or customization packs.
  • You may not redistribute any element of this pack for profit or commercial use.

D

Deleted member 178

use a full glass theme , with a dark wallpaper and you are set ;)

D

Deleted member 178

i am in same case than you, at that time i used WindowsBlind but then i used a full glass theme so no more big white background, not sure if still available

MikeV

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
i am in same case than you, at that time i used WindowsBlind but then i used a full glass theme so no more big white background, not sure if still available

I use visual style themes, and also UXStyle (a plugin that DONT patch original system files, and upload the theme into memory with a service called ''unsigned themes''

MikeV

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
ALL i want to change is the color of the window background.......
windowbeforeafter.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.