I seriously think "Slimjet" browser is the fastest and safest

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRUTHSEEKER

Thread author
May 11, 2015
Now if you can tell me any browser faster and safer than slimjet I would be surprised but "Slimjet" is very quickest and safest in my personal opinion I also gave "Maxthon Nitro" a try and I though I believe it is a little faster than slimjet I only give slimjet the edge for it feels safe but the only thing about Nitro is it just doesn't feel safe and I can't really put a browser that I don't feel as safe as the fastest .

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
You said that other browsers doesn't "feel safe" --- If it isn't safe then you can label it as fastest, but it wouldn't be safe. *I got myself confused on this*

• How exactly did you determine it to be the safest?

TRUTHSEEKER

Thread author
May 11, 2015
You said that other browsers doesn't "feel safe" --- If it isn't safe, you can still put it as fastest but it isn't safe. *I got confused here*

• How exactly did you determine it to be the safest?
I've actually order stuff off websites with slimjet browser and it feels safe and the speed is extremely quick

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In terms of fast then Slimjet and other Blink engine browsers except Chrome and Opera perhaps (AFAIK) which make it as possible, since doesn't contain some features that contribute for resource issue.

But if security/privacy then as mentioned before, extensions may help to improve the browser. Majority of configuration are same to each other.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I'm actually using Slimjet on both Windows 7 and Linux. It's ability to turn off WebRTC to avoid IP leak when you use a VPN. It is also up-to-date (I think) with the latest stable Chromium build which is also used by Chrome. Has a few other goodies packed in it's settings also. Before I only used Firefox (well actually using Cyberfox since it's faster with it's custom AMD build) which you could just type in the address bar "about:config" without quotations then find the media.peerconnection.enable and make it false (which you can search for) instead of eyeing it out while in about:config.

On Slimjet and Cyberfox, you can just easily uncheck it in the settings. Slimjet is the only Chromium built browser that I know of that supports turning off WebRTC (I don't know if Opera can or not since I don't use it anymore). Vivaldi, if not now, will most likely support turning off WebRTC. As for Slimjet being the safest?... It's probably safer than any other Chrome like browser. Since Opera is using the Blink engine, I guess it could technically fit in there. As for the fastest browser? It really depends on your system config. However I am under the impression that Cyberfox is the fastest Gecko engine (Mozilla), and Slimjet is the fastest Blink engine browser (Google - a few others helped though according to wikipedia).

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
I'm on board with Slimjet, and have been for almost a year. In addition to privacy, security and speed features, it has full and direct access to the Chrome extension ecosystem. I recently tried out Maxthon Cloud. Excellent browser, but the extensions are limited. That reminded me of the old Opera a few years back. I wouldn't consider the new opera because it still doesn't allow you to choose your own default search.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
@darko999 I didn't go into Firefox vs Chromium but I'd have to agree with you. On my system, Gecko based browsers (especially Cyberfox) are much much faster than Blink based. Blink is better with HTML5 video but the Gecko engine is catching up faster than Blink can get away. I'd rather use Cyberfox than Slimjet any day. Or rather Gecko based than Blink based any day.

@Koroke San I've noticed when I clean up my system, the WebRTC likes to turn itself back on again. In fact a lot of things are reset for some reason. I haven't experienced any leaks when I know it's off though. I have however experienced crashing on YouTube when clicking a video in a playlist, etc. And some sites just don't load at all... It certainly needs improvement.

Think I will just stick with Cyberfox (or some other browser based on Gecko) instead of using both. I will however use Vivaldi when it's done just because it's new and I like new things.

LSNHC

Jun 11, 2015
I just downloaded it and it is absolutely terrific. My computer had become very, very slow and kept getting the blue screen of death. After spending countless hours of trying to get things straightened out, it finally came to me that Chrome was the culprit - it was not shutting down even after I exited. I uninstalled Chrome and installed Slimjet and the crashing stopped and my computer is literally blazing along. I highly recommend it (and no, I'm not a paid advertiser!!!)

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I just downloaded it and it is absolutely terrific. My computer had become very, very slow and kept getting the blue screen of death. After spending countless hours of trying to get things straightened out, it finally came to me that Chrome was the culprit - it was not shutting down even after I exited. I uninstalled Chrome and installed Slimjet and the crashing stopped and my computer is literally blazing along. I highly recommend it (and no, I'm not a paid advertiser!!!)

You look like one

Reactions: Butterfly
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.