Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
i have an idea.
i said Malware1 open new froum and access to a few trusted user (active users in malware hub) put pack there and do not SUD them to vendor too see when vendor detect un SUD viruses?
and messure time and get score to AV that detected sooner.
and speak about it which one off them is faster detection!
sorry for my bad english!

its not mean close malware hub!
i said start new forum beside last forum!

Last edited by a moderator:

MalwareHunter

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 30, 2014
Not a bad idea, but think into this example:
@Malware1 finds a new FUD malware. If he will post in a private forum section, and people will check them like every hour to see which vendors' product will detect it firstly or anything, without submission, the malware will spread in the wild under that time. If the people submit that FUD file as soon as possible, it means that they stop (not fully, but at least on that computers which use vendors' products which will detect the file soon after the submission) the spread of that malware. And for example, that FUD file is a new locker variant. What you will say if PCs get infected with it because we played with the file in the private section without submissions?

So, the idea is good, but some work needed on it.

omidomi

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
i said trusted people like malware1 check that not all member and people .

i won't stop submissions
i amnot said stop that.
i said make new forum beside last forum. and get access to few member too see the links .
i want know which AV detected faster...

Last edited by a moderator:

MalwareHunter

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 30, 2014
i said trusted people like malware1 check that not all member and people .
That's ok, it's not the point. The point is: the FUD file in that example won't be submitted to vendors, because @Malware1 or any trusted member will wait which vendor will the fastest on detection without submissions. Do you understand it?

Reactions: Malware1

omidomi

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
That's ok, it's not the point. The point is: the FUD file in that example won't be submitted to vendors, because @Malware1 or any trusted member will wait which vendor will the fastest on detection without submissions. Do you understand it?
yes of course!

Reactions: MalwareHunter

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
I won't wait, i'll submit the files anyway. The point is to send undetected samples, I don't upload packs to test AVs.

Reactions: MalwareHunter

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
The point of the hub is to quickly send undetected samples to AV vendors to reduce the time between a signature update and releasing of malware. If you want to test AV, just do not update the definitions to the latest versions, IE, simulating a zero day like thingy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.