iLivid redirect problem every 15-20 min or so, on the default browser

Madeline

Thread author
Apr 7, 2014
Hi TwinHeadedEagle, I just wanted to let you know ... I was very busy lately and had no time to try that clean reinstall of Chrome browser, so I have survived with that malware on my laptop till now.
I have noticed at start up a black window was popping up but was quickly dissapearing before I had any chance reading what was there. Today happened the event that led me to the discovery of the malware. While I was trying to render and browse the net, my laptop just froze and when I opened the task manager I saw that the program that was most consuming my graphical resources was not the rendering program, nor the browser, but this "winclient32.exe". So I googled it, and found out that there was this directory under C\Program Files\Update software which was containing 2 exe files which I never installed and had nothing to do there: winclient32.exe and ontherone ntvmon32.exe. So no sign of uninstallers for those 2. After more research on the internet I have came across this site which offers WindowexeAllkiller. So using that software I was able to shut both of the malware down, the folder was still there in the Program Files after the reboot, but they were not showing up anymore in the processes. So I simply deleted them and now I am free ... Horayyyyyyyyyyyy :D.

Just wanted to let you know, and also, maybe someone else will have this issue, and since there was not a viable respond for me while searching in the beginning, could be one now :).

P.S. before trying WindowexeAllkiller, I have tried to scan that Program Files\Update software directory using MalewareBytes, and it did not find anything there :)))

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Now, I am embarrassed :(

I somehow overlooked this, but i see it in the reports now. Thanks for letting me know, you're very welcome.

You learn something everyday ;)

The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:

=> Please download DelFix by Xplode to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
checkmark.png
Remove disinfection tools
checkmark.png
Create registry backup
checkmark.png
Purge System Restore

Click Run button and wait a few seconds for the programme completes his work.
At this point all the tools we used here should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)

The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

Madeline

Thread author
Apr 7, 2014
Thank you for the DelFix, it worked like magic :)!
And thanks for everything! :) you are doing a wonderful job here!

:D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.