Status
Not open for further replies.

NZRADAR

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Hi user , have you been offended by such a post ?

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
What's better : Immunet free, or getting the ClamWin/Clam Sentinel combination?

Does Immunet allow you to turn off PUPS detection? I ask because I know from using Jotti that the Clam PUPs detection is the champion of false positives.

Reactions: NZRADAR

NZRADAR

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Well user if you have issue with me or something please make yourself clearer or speak your mind to the moderator / if this is just some sort of misunderstanding I have no ill intention to you , cheers :)

NZRADAR

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
What's better : Immunet free, or getting the ClamWin/Clam Sentinel combination?

Does Immunet allow you to turn off PUPS detection? I ask because I know from using Jotti that the Clam PUPs detection is the champion of false positives.

Hi conceptualclarity

Immunet 3 is undergoing changes , I do not recommend it for that reason , but I am just keeping an eye on the development since there is only a free version now and Cisco are on board . I do 'not use it on my main machine as there are more better Security suites.
However it appears that the free version is going to have the Bitdefender Engine like so many other products.

I see no harm in using either product as long as you are ok with false positives , which you can always check with Virus total
:)

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Immunet 3 is undergoing changes , I do not recommend it for that reason , but I am just keeping an eye on the development since there is only a free version now and Cisco are on board .

Yes, I have heard this. But last night I went on the Immunet website, and they were still selling Immunet Plus. :confused:

I see no harm in using either product as long as you are ok with false positives , which you can always check with Virus total
:)

I don't like coping with loads of false positives. I know you can turn off PUPs detection with avast!, so that's why I was wondering about Immunet.

I think it might be interesting to get Immunet or ClamWin/Clam Sentinel as a secondary anti-virus, not a lone anti-virus.

NZRADAR

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Yes, I have heard this. But last night I went on the Immunet website, and they were still selling Immunet Plus. :confused:

I don't like coping with loads of false positives. I know you can turn off PUPs detection with avast!, so that's why I was wondering about Immunet.

I think it might be interesting to get Immunet or ClamWin/Clam Sentinel as a secondary anti-virus, not a lone anti-virus.

Hi conceptualclarity, yes oddly it still says upgrade on product when you install it, however the real position is outlined here on this link.

http://www.immunet.com/plus/a/index.html

You can choose trial or free on install and I choose trial on there latest update and it downloaded the bitdefender definitions however there is no way that you can buy an activation for the product or end up buying it as it is now free.

Bit of a confusing mess at the moment but I'm sure they will sort out there user interface and remove the ad to upgrade since its no longer applicable.

I do think sticking with Avast is a good position, and as you are aware with ClamWin you can just use on demand or with sentinal for further checking

Do you have a link to the page where they were still selling it? I don't think it works properly and you shouldn't be able to end up in a purchase /visa /paypal page

Kind Regards
NZRADAR

Reactions: conceptualclarity

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
I just downloaded and installed the free version and I get version 3.1.13.9666?
How is it possible that I get a older version than you when I install at a later time?
Confused...

/W

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Do you have a link to the page where they were still selling it? I don't think it works properly and you shouldn't be able to end up in a purchase /visa /paypal page

Kind Regards
NZRADAR

http://www.immunet.com/plus/index.html

You can choose trial or free on install and I choose trial on there latest update and it downloaded the bitdefender definitions however there is no way that you can buy an activation for the product or end up buying it as it is now free.

I wonder how long that will continue. I don't think an AV with the Bitdefender engine (known for excellent detection scores) should be regarded as a piece of crap, absent an articulation of specific shortcomings.

What kind of RAM and CPU impact did you get with Immunet?

NZRADAR

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
I just downloaded and installed the free version and I get version 3.1.13.9666?
How is it possible that I get a older version than you when I install at a later time?
Confused...

/W
Hi woodrowbone, I have the same version number as you right now 3.1.13.9666

NZRADAR

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
http://www.immunet.com/plus/index.html

I wonder how long that will continue. I don't think an AV with the Bitdefender engine (known for excellent detection scores) should be regarded as a piece of crap, absent an articulation of specific shortcomings.

What kind of RAM and CPU impact did you get with Immunet?
I'll have to have a look at that but at the moment I am running it in a virtualmachine which has been given 3gb and 3 cores to use and it
seems very light, I may test it out on a real partition, but I will update this post and let you know at least whats happening in the virtualmachine.

And yes I agree that Bitdefender engine is very strong on the detection so just about anyone who uses that Engine and careful with there web use and clicking is behind a good solid fort short of the usual ups and downs of most AV solutions

Here is a capture from process explorer seems like it uses a lot of total memory tucked away in swapfile which is probably Bitdefenders signatures, but aside from that it runs very lightly on the vm and uses very little cpu near idle /on scanning I noticed it using up between 30 to 50 percent of 2 cpu cores and about 180 mb ram usage.

Hers a capture from process explorer, look for SFC service thats the central working process. I don't know how to fully interpret the results if someone wants to enlighten me , though I hope the capture helps

In my opinion I find it very light and not effecting system responsiveness which you would expect from a companion AV
imunetmem.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: conceptualclarity
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.