Information Requested About Vendors To Improve Malware Reporting Article

Chiron

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
Hello, I'm looking for information about other vendors in order to make sure the information I have in my article about How to Report Malware or False Positives to Multiple Antivirus Vendors is as concise and accurate as possible. Below I've listed some vendors I'm specifically interested in because of missing information, but if you find other vendors I've haven't mentioned also feel free to point out things about them as well. The type of information I'm looking for is defined in the article in the section about How You Can Help.

Does anyone have information (including whether the companies are still in business), that is not already included in the article, about the following vendors/products? Please review the information in the article before commenting as I will be updating it with the most up-to-date information I have.

ALYac
Antiy
Artav Antivirus
Avertive
AVZ
Blue Atom Antivirus
Element
Iolo
KV Antivirus
Micropoint
Mint
Preventon
Protector Plus
RemoveIT
Roboscan
SpyCatcher
SpyCop
Solo Antivirus
Turk
VirusKeeper
Xyvos

Thank you.

P

Plexx

One note: ALYac engine is actually Roboscan.
Roboscan is actually former ALYac but in English. Tobi will be able to tell you more.

So to be honest a user can either use ALYac or Roboscan as your link provides.

ESET has a way to report FP/malware/suspicious file, but that requires having ESET AV or SS installed, and its rather a pain since you have to submit one sample at a time and fill in a small questionnaire.

[attachment=1576]

Chiron

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
Biozfear said:
One note: ALYac engine is actually Roboscan.
Roboscan is actually former ALYac but in English. Tobi will be able to tell you more.

So to be honest a user can either use ALYac or Roboscan as your link provides.

ESET has a way to report FP/malware/suspicious file, but that requires having ESET AV or SS installed, and its rather a pain since you have to submit one sample at a time and fill in a small questionnaire.
I have added the information you provided.

Thank you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.