Installing Malwarebytes over AVG Internet Security 2014 and Zemana Antilogger !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

koushik

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2013
Guyz !!! I have AVG Internet Security 2014 and Zemana Antilogger installed in my system !!! But yesterday a MalwareTips member suggested that I should try Malwarebytes because it is the best malware cleaner out there ( I've never tried it before :p my bad :( ) !! I have 4 GB of System Memory,Intel core i3(2.67 Ghz) processor and Windows 8.1 Pro x64 installed .. My question is can I have Malwarebyes,AVG and Zemana antilogger , all installed in my system ?? Will it cause major slowdown ??? I need your help :)

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
You can run Malwarebytes as on-demand scanner, means remove it from Windows startup and disable its protection modules from systray right click. weekly scan with Malwarebytes is recommended.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Yes you can, however I would run Malwarebytes as an "on demand" scanner only and not in real time since you already have AVG!:)

DaZa9 beat me by a milisecond!;)

Reactions: DaZa9 and koushik

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
shouldn't be problem.

I am planning to use 360 internet security + malwarebytes pro + zemana in near future.

I haven't seen malwares infecting my computer, if I just take some preventive measure.
The ways by which malwares can come to your computer is very restricted.
common sense can protect you from most of the time.

Reactions: koushik
S

starchild76

you can run the free ( on demand ) version of mbam along side AVG is , without any interference. running the pro ( realtime protection ) of mbam next to AVG is , well thats another ballgame : they will definately bite eachother! causing system slowdowns and ruling eachother out!

Reactions: koushik

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
you can run the free ( on demand ) version of mbam along side AVG is , without any interference. running the pro ( realtime protection ) of mbam next to AVG is , well thats another ballgame : they will definately bite eachother! causing system slowdowns and ruling eachother out!

I running real time of MBAM with qihoo 360 with no conflict :D( just exclude to each other ) and AVG is worst in removing malware even it's internet security. thnx :D

S

starchild76

avg is not the worst in removing malware , avg is even outperforming avast at the moment! avg maybe not be the best at protecting you but it has been coming a long way and wil get better wich each release they bring out. and fyi avg free and the internet security run on the same engine.....

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
avg is not the worst in removing malware , avg is even outperforming avast at the moment! avg maybe not be the best at protecting you but it has been coming a long way and wil get better wich each release they bring out. and fyi avg free and the internet security run on the same engine.....

I only liked it 2012 version & it was good. Kaspersky internet security 2013 helped me to clean all my pc malware when AVG 2013 failed to remove malware from my pc. AVg showed it detects malware many times but can't remove them also lots of false positive.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
avg, avast misses a lot of malwares.
just check the malware hub test results.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, you should be OK. You can run the program on a need-to-know basis for on-demand scans or manual updates.

You can download the Free version here, https://www.malwarebytes.org/free/

After installing, you'll be offered a trial version for the paid version which offers real-time protection, website blocking, scheduled scanning and other features for a limited (14?) number of days. The paid version does not replace a real-time Antivirus and can be used alongside major AV vendors.

However, the Free version is sufficient enough for weekly or monthly scans, and with minimal conflicts with your real-time protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.