Intel completes McAfee acquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watasha

Thread author
Feb 8, 2011
Time will tell if McAfee will benefit from this acquisition.

http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=10677

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I don't know what they have in mind but...they should keep McAfee away from those Intel chips :p
We as home users don't particularly like McAfee products. But in a company environment where security policies are enforced by qualified personnel, McAfee products are quite popular.

Watasha

Thread author
Feb 8, 2011
I'm wondering if Intel may try to incorporate AV into the hardware at some point.:gasp:

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Of what I know McAfee is not very good relies a lot on it signatures! An other AV company would have been better. Maybe comodo since comodo is dealing with encrypting and other fun stuff ^^

Watasha

Thread author
Feb 8, 2011
I like AMD more but I hate big business. Let's keep hardware companies & security companies separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.