iobit advanced systemcare finds disk errors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hi Everyone:

I need some help. iobit disk doctors keeps finding the same error: BITMAP attribute is incorrect. I run sfc /scannow and chkdsk /f and all shows up normal, is my SSD okay, or failing?

Tony :)

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I also had the same issue, when I bought this PC (my home PC) the windows 7 said that the Disk will fail and all software said the same, it is more then 5 years and still working like new :D

I have something like this (I just ignored all the errors):
"Windows has detected a hard disk problem." = This is the main error.
"Back up your files immediately to prevent information loss, and then contact the computer manufacturer to determine if you need to repair or replace the disk" = This was the text in the error box.

"
Hard Disk: S.M.A.R.T. Capable and status bad." = this is when the computer starts.

Reactions: Tony Cole

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Thank you OpenSecLabs for the reply/information - I've run several Microsoft tests and the SSD support software all report the system is fine, so I think iobit has it wrong :mad:

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Thank you OpenSecLabs for the reply/information - I've run several Microsoft tests and the SSD support software all report the system is fine, so I think iobit has it wrong :mad:

I don't think its Iobit, they just run the OS's disk check for you. Windows shows errors that don't exist, its an OS bug, at least on my end it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.