iPhone5: HTC, Samsung to sue Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Just a day ahead of iPhone 5 launch, Apple seems to be heading into legal trouble over the much-awaited device. Taiwanese electronic giant HTC aims to block iPhone 5's import in the US for patent violation. The Taiwanese manufacturer claims that Apple's new iPad and the upcoming iPhone 5 infringe upon two of its patents that ensure reliable data transfer in large volumes, according to a story in the Bloomberg Businessweek. The company has filed a case in the International Trade Commission in this matter.
According to a story in Korea Times, Samsung has also decided to file a patent infringement complaint against Apple over the new iPhone's 4G LTE patent infringement. As per the report, the South Korean company is targeting the European and US markets with this lawsuit. This development came soon after reports said Apple will be using 4G data transfer technology in the upcoming edition of iPhone.

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...Samsung-to-sue-Apple/articleshow/16348450.cms

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Glad to see they are taking revenge :p Apple needs to stop bullying companies around looks like samsung and htc are standing up

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Hehe.....Lets go Samsung and HTC!

About time Apple takes a taste of some of their own medicine.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

:angel:

I'm hoping Apple gets a huge boot shoved up its rear end for being such an ignorant bully.

Awaiting to see what happens for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.