Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Hi guys. I'm thinking to change to Emsisoft from ESET, because it's lighter in my system, not slowdown browsing and i have no problems with scheduled updates. My question if it's a enough protection, without firewall, and if there is some recommended settings for this antimalware. Thanks

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
Yes, Emsisoft is great anti-malware product with good detection(just look to malware hub). In this days is windows firewall very good and powerful. If you are still paranoid you can install some on-demand scanner like a Zemana, HitmanPro.

H

hjlbx

Hi guys. I'm thinking to change to Emsisoft from ESET, because it's lighter in my system, not slowdown browsing and i have no problems with scheduled updates. My question if it's a enough protection, without firewall, and if there is some recommended settings for this antimalware. Thanks

EAM comes with settings optimized. If you set them to the highest level, then you might experience some slight system impact. Doesn't hurt to try though - does it? I use max EAM settings - and don't know it's there on system.

As far as firewall, I use BiniSoft's Windows Firewall Control for outbound connection notifications for WFwAS. It works great with EAM.

EAM 10 is much better version than v. 9.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is Emsisoft Anti-Malware enough for real-time protection? Yes

You can use Emsisoft Anti-Malware with Windows Firewall, and UAC on default. Optionally install on-demand scanner for a second-opinion, but you do not need additional real-time AV protection. You can add sandboxing software for your internet usage, if required, but safe surfing is important regardless. Other security software such as Anti-Loggers and Anti-Exploit are not needed. As long as you keep all your software updated and vulnerable software removed, if no longer used.

If you wanted, you could upgrade to Emsisoft Internet Security for complete protection, with their own Firewall software. Windows Firewall will be disabled.

Read this guide by @Nico@FMA

FAQ:
Should I install additional (Compatible AV) real-time protection? No
Should I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium? No
Should I use additional on-demand scanner? Yes, although optional for some.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free - [LINK]
HitmanPro (License required for removal after 30-day trial) - [LINK]
AdwCleaner - [LINK]​

For a full inspection of your security, please create a Security Configuration thread [HERE] using your "Username + Config" as the thread title.

Malakke

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
Thanks for your replies. For now, i like what i'm seeing...

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I really love eset but emsisoft is good :) if I didnt have eset I probably would use Kaspersky ,emsisoft or trendmicro. The thing I dont like about emsisoft is the huge signature Updates to download everyday

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No need to doubt with Emsisoft because its a full blown Antivirus; now others stated that it can be a companion AV but actually yes however the question arise is do you really need another AV? (Always check your computer habits as a level of risk user)

Very simple to configure even in default settings can manage to take action on primetime.

The only thing that can be a little bit complex is to manual the custom rules of BB and Firewall which is pretty normal from other security products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.