• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2!<15

Level 3
Verified
Jan 4, 2015
hds vt.jpg

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...06fc6f73777c69a5ba375ce15dd376de12c/analysis/

hds ms.jpg

https://www.metascan-online.com/en/scanresult/file/8a1514788bc549958f51e624300e7420

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Not sure about safe but i tried a few years ago and it told me my hard drive was going to fail in 128 hours a few years down the track still going strong and at 100% from Ashampoo HDD3. So i would not trust this software.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I had Hard Disk Sentinel Standard a few months back and after checking the hard drive it told that HD health was at 16%:confused:
and it would fail in 35 days:cool:.
Well i am still here and just a week ago i did a format on the HD installing W 8.1 pro:).
Conclusion: i don't trust it.
I asked a friend who repairs pc's and told me that if the health is 16% then the pc shouldn't open at all:confused:
The decision is yours;) Malware Test.
p.s.: Safe- Yes ,Trustworthy- i don't think so

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I gave it a try a year or so ago.Is it safe? Yes Is it necessary probably not. I will say I have tried Ashampoo HDD3 also and it did work quite well. However is it necessary? Probably not
HD tune is good to use if you think you might have a problem but the Pro(paid version) is much better.
I would say it is up to you but Ashampoo HDD3 is an very good program.Just use a disp/temp email or you will have an email buddy for life :D

Reactions: scot and MalwareT
M

MalwareT

Thread author
I have HDD control 2 free license but after installing can't open USB drives :(

L

LabZero

Thread author
Hard Disk Sentinel is safe, but, regarding the reliability, it takes "predictions" according to the SMART parameters.
There is no strong mathematical certainty that the report is correct but this is also applies to other similar software.

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Hard Disk Sentinel is safe, but, regarding the reliability, it takes "predictions" according to the SMART parameters.
There is no strong mathematical certainty that the report is correct but this is also applies to other similar software.

I agree completely with Klipsh , it gives a statistical prediction of pending disk failure based on current measurable parameters .

If it predicted a failure which hasn't occurred yet , then count that as a bonus !
For the home user , if you make regular backups ( and you should ) , then the warnings could be ignored and you could
run the HDD into the ground :)
But in a professional scenario , that would not be an acceptable option.

As for trustworthiness , it has been the " industry standard tool " for a long time and is well respected.

I use the portable version and have never had a problem or doubt with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.