Not open for further replies.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Like marg, I'm a happy Chrome user (whom is also addicted to those darn Add-ons in Firefox) too:p:) although I've heard many good things about Maxthon as well, and the fact it uses multiple engines and is also said to be quite fast are attractive features which make it worth trying. Besides it's built in add blocker you'll find fewer available extensions. When I tried it on the older XP system in our home,:mad: this popular browser wasn't given a proper medium to spread it's wings;:( yet, as XhenEd mentioned, some of our most respected members & staff use it which further explains the validity of the praises they've awarded it!!:D If you are hesitant,:confused: why not load a portable version onto an external flash drive.:rolleyes:

Here are two reliable places you can get it or click on developer's link (they provide it) to get it directly from Maxthon
PS Good luck, & let us know what you think!;)

Last edited:

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Better use Google Chrome simple and clean look interface build in Flash Player :) always make it self up to date ;)
One problem with Maxthon is it does not have an automatic update for it's flash player, and it's a bit complicated to manually install then. Anyway, it was more trouble than it was worth for me.
Use this to see if your flash player is up-to-date: https://browsercheck.qualys.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: user

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
It's not a joke -Maxthon's built-in flash player does not update itself. Did you try the link to see if it was up-to-date? Do you even use Maxthon? Where am I wrong?
Maxthon uses the Adobe Flash Player and there isn't any built-in Flash Player. Only plug-in is and this will always updated automatically, if only Adobe autoupdate is enabled...
Just like all other browsers except Internet Explorer if is used Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Maxthon uses the Adobe Flash Player and there isn't any built-in Flash Player. Only plug-in is and this will always updated automatically, if only Adobe autoupdate is enabled...
Just like all other browsers except Internet Explorer if is used Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.

Maxthon has a dll Flash installed (NPSWF32.dll) in for example in Win 7 :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon3\Core\Webkit\Npplugins
If you want to use the last update of Flash, you must install a Plugin Flash and you must delete NPSWF32.dll in a directory of Maxthon.
http://forum.maxthon.com/thread-723-1-1.html
Bty - Google Chrome, Yandex also have built-in flash players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.