Not open for further replies.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Microsoft Office is still the main software suite that people use the world over. It does have many advantages over its competitors, not the least of which is that most people you know probably use it, as well as its already familiar features, thereby eliminating the learning curve. One problem with this software suite is that Microsoft has changed its pricing model over the years, making Office 2013 Home and Business even more expensive than it used to be.

If you take a look at Microsoft’s official sales page, Office 2013 Home and Business will cost you a hefty $279.99. It promises to help you “manage life and work more efficiently” and that it is “best for those who want Office and Outlook in one PC”. Thanks to Microsoft copywriters, that does sound like an excellent deal, but if you think about it, the price can really hurt.

Now I don’t know how this site managed to slash the prices off of Office 2013 Home and Business, but Tech Supply King is currently offering the software for only $104.99!

The deal is a download, so you don’t have additional fees to pay for shipping, which is great. You do have to note that the software package is good for only one computer, which does not really take much away given the price.

Tech Supply King’s offer includes:

• Microsoft Excel 2013
  • Microsoft OneNote 2013
  • Microsoft Outlook 2013
  • Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
  • Microsoft Word 2013
The package also includes both 32-bit and 64-bit media files and the media you receive is Service Pack 1 (SP1).

The best thing about this deal is that once you purchase and download the software, you actually own it. That means that you don’t have to worry about a monthly/yearly subscription deal that can easily go up to $100 annually.

If you have been using some other productivity suite or you are using an older version of Office, and you have been wanting to get Office 2013 Home and Business, then this is the best time to make that purchase.

[Image via goforsoftware]

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
I still feel office 2003 was the best of all latest versions of office software which was essentially made complex and confusing. Also libreoffice the free office suit alternative is also great and best for those who really do not want to shell out that hefty amount

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The latest standalone versions are far too expensive. I considered the Office 365 Home version, but didn't think it was wise to be spending money on something I rarely use.

Hence making a switch to Google Docs with Offline support. No regrets, as long as I continue to use Chrome, which I have been for the past 4 years.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I agree with LB & Huracan there are far too many free options available that accomplish the same as MS Office.I haven't tried Google Docs but I use Open Office and have used Kingsoft Office.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I normally just use the free alternatives or just download torrent for office 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.