Is Qihoo safe to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
wut? I already know about there privacy policy & satisfied with it and Kindly read sir -
Company Profile and Founding Information | About ESET

In sort - "
The first version of antivirus NOD is created; the authors are Peter Paško and Miroslav Trnka " which means they are not Americans. " Today, ESET has 800 employees worldwide and is headquartered in Bratislava (Slovakia)" << it says it's main headquarter in Slovakia & also have other regional distribute centers .For ex. US, Argentina etc. Also u can look at
Whois Lookup
:)
Well, I know these info, and IMO it doesn't matter if the product from US, China etc.. I don't judge the whole country if one of its companies did something wrong. I mean for me Qihoo is a safe product that I can use and used it for some time. I just gave the above link to let who don't know that ESET is collecting personal info as well. and if someone says that qihoo is kind of spying on the users then give us a proof for that.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Well, I know these info, and IMO it doesn't matter if the product from US, China etc.. I don't judge the whole country if one of its companies did something wrong. I mean for me Qihoo is a safe product that I can use and used it for some time. I just gave the above link to let who don't know that ESET is collecting personal info as well. and if someone says that qihoo is kind of spying on the users then give us a proof for that.

Every AV collect information but ESET is not collection personal info which is threat to us like Chinese AV Netqin did. I also don't judge AV coz they are related from different countries, u can read my my post in qihoo threads about it & also i'm a ex user of qihoo, baidu & US based AV. Also didn't said qihoo or other US based AV stealing peoples information. But how NSA getting aggressive these days in google, US based cloud storage service, Tor network, etc & also Chinese AV Netqin found to be infecting & defrauding it's users. It's just my thinking & i think Europe based trusted AV like ESET, GDATA etc have no issue regarding this. Maybe they collect information which they needs but i think they don't collect user personal information & sell them. Also ESET is very old trusted AV who provides solid protection. How Chinese blocked google, youtube & now launching there own search engine worldwide & providing free AV internationally. I think Chinese want to competition against US & want to dominate not in world economy, global super power, space power but also they want to own Internet. Out of topic, And I'm from that country which is competition against china & both china & my country have problems, so i'm not fan of china AV nor Chinese cheap mobiles. That's my opinion, so don't mind brah. thnx :D

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Every AV collect information but ESET is not collection personal info which is threat to us like Chinese AV Netqin did. I also don't judge AV coz they are related from different countries, u can read my my post in qihoo threads about it & also i'm a ex user of qihoo, baidu & US based AV. Also didn't said qihoo or other US based AV stealing peoples information. But how NSA getting aggressive these days in google, US based cloud storage service, Tor network, etc & also Chinese AV Netqin found to be infecting & defrauding it's users. It's just my thinking & i think Europe based trusted AV like ESET, GDATA etc have no issue regarding this. Maybe they collect information which they needs but i think they don't collect user personal information & sell them. Also ESET is very old trusted AV who provides solid protection. How Chinese blocked google, youtube & now launching there own search engine worldwide & providing free AV internationally. I think Chinese want to competition against US & want to dominate not in world economy, global super power, space power but also they want to own Internet. Out of topic, And I'm from that country which is competition against china & both china & my country have problems, so i'm not fan of china AV nor Chinese cheap mobiles. That's my opinion, so don't mind brah. thnx :D
Just because someone said they dont collect personal info dont mean they realy dont do it. And u dont know if Nsa spying europa etc. Fact is, we know nothing.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Just because someone said they dont collect personal info dont mean they realy dont do it. And u dont know if Nsa spying europa etc. Fact is, we know nothing.
I already posted that, read my previous post on qihoo thread. I also said there that Europe based AV can steal information & sell them to their own government agencies also AV related to my country can sell information to spy agencies. But i don't think NSA hands can reach europe so easily & if u asking about trust, i feel a lot better to use ESET rather then qihoo + give better protection then qihoo.

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
I already posted that, read my previous post on qihoo thread. I also said there that Europe based AV can steal information & sell them to their own government agencies also AV related to my country can sell information to spy agencies. But i don't think NSA hands can reach europe so easily & if u asking about trust, i feel a lot better to use ESET rather then qihoo + give better protection then qihoo.
Nsa hands cant reach europe so easy? They just spyed the German Presidentin "Angela Merkel" and his Phone. I thing, if they want, they can do anything they want.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Nsa hands cant reach europe so easy? They just spyed the German Presidentin "Angela Merkel" and his Phone. I thing, if they want, they can do anything they want.
I know about this. German is a Nato member so what u can expect? But i still believe they can't reach. Tell NSA to spy on my country & will see results.

Reactions: Venustus

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Also qihoo 360 provided latest updates to there " Chinese version " AV & then later it provides update to english version. Chiense version gets more utility , facility & 2 extra engines & also we can customize UI with random wallpaper compare to english version. Like qihoo total security is available for chiense users but still not available for english users same as haozip eng version is 3 & Chinese ver is 4.2 Whenever i try to contact there support they first always reply me in Chinese even i write in English! Until i not ask them to reply me in english they will keep sending them in Chinese. Not big deal, i can translate them but since they provide english version so there support also need in english. There url filtering did preety bad in my test , so i moved to ESET :D

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
yz4hoob8ju.jpg

quzx3ed9k8.gif

Venhiem

Level 3
Verified
Mar 10, 2014
I live in Pakistan. Nobody care what you do online in Pakistan :cool:.
And I use MalwareBytes AntiMalware v2.0 Premium, Avast! Internet Security 2014, ESET Smart Security 7 and Qihoo 360 Safe Internet Security ;).

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Venhiem

Level 3
Verified
Mar 10, 2014
I have 4GB RAM. Right now 360 and MBAM are using 25,000K and 21,000K respectively. Avast! is VERY light with only 6,000K and ESET uses 5,700K. That leaves a lot of free RAM behind. Even explorer.exe is heavier than these! So what do you say?

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
I have 4GB RAM. Right now 360 and MBAM are using 25,000K and 21,000K respectively. Avast! is VERY light with only 6,000K and ESET uses 5,700K. That leaves a lot of free RAM behind. Even explorer.exe is heavier than these! So what do you say?
All of these real-time protection enabled at the same time?

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Have not taken the plunge of using a Chinese AV but I am considering trying it out...at this moment I am still on the considering stage. Honestly speaking the "Iobit-Malwarebytes" database theft comes to my mind when thinking about it. But the comments/observations on 360 is swaying more people to try it out..ending up using it.

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
It says in the Qihoo's privacy statement that they may give your info to the Govt. for national security matters, do with this what you will lol most people I wouldn't think need to worry but if you're a high ranking Govt. official I would think twice :p

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I live in Pakistan. Nobody care what you do online in Pakistan :cool:.
And I use MalwareBytes AntiMalware v2.0 Premium, Avast! Internet Security 2014, ESET Smart Security 7 and Qihoo 360 Safe Internet Security ;).
It is highly recommended not to use all these together even if you do not notice problems yourself at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.