Mini Spy

Latest Threads

iSkysoft trustworthy?

Discussion in 'All Software Discussions' started by Chigwells, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Chigwells

Chigwells Regular Member

Hi All,

I recently took advantage of the Glary giveaway site to grab myself a pdf editor.

http://giveaway.glarysoft.com/iskysoftpdfeditorv2.0.1-580/

I've always used the free version of PDF Xchange Viewer (Tracker software) which works excelently except for a restricted ability to edit pdfs.

My problem with iSkysoft is that Comodo doesn't recognize it, please see attached screenshot.

I know that iSkysoft products have been promoted on the giveaway forum of this site, my question is: is everyone happy with the company?

Thanks in advance for any pointers! Chig

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Jaspion

Jaspion Well-Known Member

The fact that it was not recognized is not very relevant, relax it's not malware. If it's good, though, I cant tell.
  3. illumination

illumination Community Superstar Trusted Member

I have not used this software either, but can tell you, just because it is not in Comodo's database, does not mean it is malicious. I have seen files from several legit applications land in that box! You could always click the box next to the file "check it" and then click the "up arrow" in the middle bottom of the screen and "move" it to trusted files.
  4. Jack

Jack Administrator MalwareTips Staff

Media:
    Like illumination said, the iSkysoft file is the Comodo Unrecognized Files because the company does not have this file in the white list database. If you take into account the source from which you have downloaded the program, the Virustotal results and the fact that iSkysoft is known as legit program.. you should be safe.

Here are more details:
    Read more: http://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-451-4780-.html
  5. Chigwells

Chigwells Regular Member

Sorry, I thought I'd replied earlier today. Anyway, much appreciated all replies, gives me a bit more of an idea how to decide if software is trustworthy.

As you point out Jack, the source is Glary software, Virustotal isn't troubled by it, and it's very present on Facebook (which isn't on my radar anyway, would never have thought of checking there), three good pointers it's legit.

As far as being any good, to be honest I'm quite happy with PDF Xchange Viewer (Tracker Software) for pdf reading and annotation, except for ONE THING, namely those blank pages, they drive me up the wall, I really mainly took advantage of the Glary offer to delete those pesky blank pages :)

Thanks all for your pointers! chig
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    Jack likes this.
  6. Littlebits

Littlebits Super Moderator MalwareTips Staff

Media:
    I have never used any of their software before but I can't find anything bad about their software or company except for they have some paid products that appears to be junkware video converters, youtube downloaders, etc. which you can easily find free popular alternatives known to work excellent. I don't think they have anything malicious since they are trying to sell their products.

Thanks. :D