Solved Issue with acer eRecovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

staticflow69

Thread author
May 30, 2013
Ok so im trying to format a pc that has windows XP on it in a hidden partition. I have followed this tutorial
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-to-access-Acer-System-Recovery-Partition-Hotkey-Instructions
How ever it does not work, also i am unable to even get into the Setup via pressing the F2 button. I am able to go into the F12 boot menu and start the PC in safe mode. (I do not see the bios screen).

Any help greatly appreciated. Not i have done these steps before years ago and it did work pressing alt+f10 to start the format process, its just not working now.

Thanks

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Try as fast as possible to tap simultenously F2/F8 or delete key to pop up the bios screen.

Once powered on begin the tap process.

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
It depends on what type of machine you are using. Is this an Acer computer? What model?

If you can load Windows XP, you can try this method:
How to Recover your system from within Windows
NOTE: ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED ON YOUR HARD DRIVE IF YOU PROCEED. YOU WILL NEED TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE POWER ADAPTER PLUGGED IN. DO NOT SWITCH OFF OR RESTART YOUR COMPUTER DURING THIS PROCESS.
  1. Click on Start, then All Programs, then Acer Empowering Technology.
  2. Click on Acer eRecovery Management.
  3. If prompted to create a password, create the password and hint
    Do not lose this password.
    If asked for a password, enter the previously set password.
  4. When the Acer eRecovery Management loads click the button labeled Restore.
  5. Click on Restore system to factory default.
  6. The unit will restart and start the restore.
    It should state "Please wait a moment..." with the Acer logo in the upper left hand corner.
  7. At the eRecovery Management menu it will ask you how to restore.
    Click on the restore option you would like to use.

You have more details here: http://static.compusa.com/pdf/Acer_eRecovery_Management_Manual.pdf

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.