Janl92l Config

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips. :) Just to make life easy i would add a password manager such as LastPass. ;)

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Hello, my friend.. Welcome to our forum!
I would suggest another on-demand scanner (HitmanPro) and the following extensions to your browsers: WOT & HTTPS Everywhere.
Thanks for sharing!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Welcome anyway your configuration is good but we need to take consideration that becareful on the things you are doing in internet. (Base on computer knowledge) :)

Common sense to avoid clicking suspicious links and download only from official sites the software you wanted to install.

If you are inserting some USB's to your system I suggest to have real time protection for USB like McShield. No conflicts for your Avast Free.

Reactions: tonibalas

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I agree with the other members about what you should add on your pc;).
Nice config and thanks for sharing:)

Janl92l

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips. :) Just to make life easy i would add a password manager such as LastPass. ;)
hey, i am use donottrackme( now Blur) it has a pw manager build in for free since some updates. :)
Hello, my friend.. Welcome to our forum!
I would suggest another on-demand scanner (HitmanPro) and the following extensions to your browsers: WOT & HTTPS Everywhere.
Thanks for sharing!
thanks for u suggestion. i looked for hitmanpro, seems like a nice program. downloading right now and see how its working :) i have see that u need to pay to remove infections after 30days, right? i have found emissoft emergency kit, found some nice reviews of the software. Its nice for onedemand scan?
Welcome anyway your configuration is good but we need to take consideration that becareful on the things you are doing in internet. (Base on computer knowledge) :)

Common sense to avoid clicking suspicious links and download only from official sites the software you wanted to install.

If you are inserting some USB's to your system I suggest to have real time protection for USB like McShield. No conflicts for your Avast Free.
added mcshield, thank u for u suggestion. :)

Reactions: frogboy

Janl92l

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
Some changes:

removed Avast free, added Webroot and SecureAPlus after some Weeks of testing there whitelist and universal av future, quit amazing and lighter than avast on my machine this combo.
added Sophos free Encryption
removed Opera and Cyberfox, added Chrome 64Bit( just faster for me and better looking)
new extensions: uBlock, Blur(donottrackme), Click and Clean, turn off the light.
disabled UAC, dont need it.

Janl92l

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
Removed: Webroot,SecureAPlus. got bored,cant play with it not realy much settings.
Added: COMODO Internet Security Pro(Proactive settings,Max settings)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.