my favourite paid software

Last edited:

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
Driver booster ?
IObit software ? I must detest! :eek:

I saw you screaming for CCleaner keys earlier.
I recommend dump booster and just consolidate and clean bad registry hives with CCleaner.

Reactions: Kent and Cowpipe

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Would like to know why you use Driver Booster and if you think that it really makes a difference ? I mean, do you think that keeping your drivers up to date (except for the graphic card drivers, which you can keep up to date with NVIDIA and AMD dedicated software) will REALLY make a difference on your system ?

jen900

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
Would like to know why you use Driver Booster and if you think that it really makes a difference ? I mean, do you think that keeping your drivers up to date (except for the graphic card drivers, which you can keep up to date with NVIDIA and AMD dedicated software) will REALLY make a difference on your system ?
Now I already uninstall it I just install it because there is a giveaway @Aura
wuhyzl.png

Reactions: Manzai

jen900

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
That's good. Because these kind of softwares are useless to be honest and quite dangerous. You never need to update your drivers except for specific reasons and they are all situationnal.
thank you for the advice I really appreciate it :)

Reactions: Manzai

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
example the other day i was having problems with my wi-fi connection until i found out my adapter was out of date

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
example the other day i was having problems with my wi-fi connection until i found out my adapter was out of date

The drivers were out of date, not the adapter itself. And this is exactly WHEN you should update your drivers. I'll tell you something, drivers never needs to be updated if your devices works just fine. "Why change something if it's not broken and working fine ?". Drivers updates are there mostly to fix bugs, flaws and errors caused by a previous drivers version, that's it. However, these are situationals. What if you're running drivers v9.0.1 for your Ethernet Controller and drivers v10.1.5 are available. Do you need to update them if your Ethernet Controller is working perfectly fine ? Nope. Not at all. You won't gain anything from it. No performance increase, no faster Internet, etc. HOWEVER, IF you were having issues with your Ethernet Controller, THEN you should consider update your drivers as these new drivers most likely contains a fix for the issue that you're having. Drivers are only the middlemen between the hardware and the software. Updating them won't change anything, but fix errors in the previous drivers versions, errors that you might not even encounter. Hence why all these stupids third-party software to update your drivers are useless. And even there, not even getting in the fact that these software can download faulty drivers, from untrusted sources, etc, etc.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.