Aug 24, 2014
well Im happy about that
2csgw3k.jpg

Reactions: Manzai

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
well dont laugh i have a hacker friend that runs a machine on windows 7 PRO and for 3 and half years now he hasnt downloaded any windows updates

Reactions: jen900

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Aura if we did a driver scan on your computer, how many out of date drivers would be listed? :p

All of them would be. Except for the graphic card drivers.

well dont laugh i have a hacker friend that runs a machine on windows 7 PRO and for 3 and half years now he hasnt downloaded any windows updates

That's different. Important Updates on Windows are usually OS fixes, patches and hotfix to fix vulnerabilities, exploits, bugs, etc. in Windows and not installing them not only makes his system vulnerable and instable. And I can't take seriously that he's a "hacker" if he doesn't even know that/do that.

jen900

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
All of them would be. Except for the graphic card drivers.

That's different. Important Updates on Windows are usually OS fixes, patches and hotfix to fix vulnerabilities, exploits, bugs, etc. in Windows and not installing them not only makes his system vulnerable and instable. And I can't take seriously that he's a "hacker" if he doesn't even know that/do that.
yeah a hacker must update his system

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
he has many machines doesnt trust microsoft uses linux machine and mac book and this was about 3 years ago i havent talk to him in a long time but he does sends me encrypted emails

jen900

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
he has many machines doesnt trust microsoft uses linux machine and mac book and this was about 3 years ago i havent talk to him in a long time but he does sends me encrypted emails
yeah I love Linux I used it as my main system anyway

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014

Doesn't trust Microsoft but still uses Windows. Sending encrypted messages makes him a hacker ... ?

Reactions: Oxygen

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
@jen900 : Next time, if you want to list the software you have installed easily, you can download and execute MiniToolBox (from BleepingComputer), check the "List Installed Programs" checkbox and click on "Go". It will output a list of the installed programs on your system.

Also, uninstall Bing Bar and Encarta Search Bar (64-bits) ?

Reactions: jen900 and NSG001

jen900

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
@jen900 : Next time, if you want to list the software you have installed easily, you can download and execute MiniToolBox (from BleepingComputer), check the "List Installed Programs" checkbox and click on "Go". It will output a list of the installed programs on your system.

Also, uninstall Bing Bar and Encarta Search Bar (64-bits) ?
But I used encarta sometimes so it is important

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You could probably remove Bing Bar and the 2x Visual Studio 2012 x86/x64 published by AVG Technologies (as seen in last screenshot).

The censored blacking out of x program looks suspicious, especially looking at the installed size and version number. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Manzai and jen900

jen900

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
You could probably remove Bing Bar and the 2x Visual Studio 2012 x86/x64 published by AVG Technologies (as seen in last screenshot).

The censored blacking out of x program looks suspicious, especially looking at the installed size and version number. :rolleyes:
well I hide it because ..Its a hacking tool

can I ask I think Microsoft is the publisher on Visual studio not AVG..

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you have used AVG in the past then you will have the two Visual Studio 2012 x86/x64 redist. programs, as seen in your screenshot provided. I've also seen this on a VM system where I have only installed AVG Free AV, but was not removed after uninstallation.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.