jen900 configuration

jen900

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
to anyone who judge me.. I like to hear advices of people even if my knowledge in computing is advance ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Manzai and NSG001

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Honestly it depends.

Some people are great in programming, so in that case their computer knowledge respective to their category is advanced

Another set of people are great in networking, some in database manipulation and another set is good with tech support.

You cannot see someone who's good in all these categories and the many more that I haven't mentioned. I think you get the idea.

Computer knowledge is a broad concept.
I can argue a little.

Computer science == programming.
Network administrating is just a minor part. In fact, I've M.S in computer science and various awards throughout my life, yet I'm ignorant about network administrating. I am working for Modis'. You see, database manipulation, DNS-spoofing, SQL-injections etc. are just the basic concepts which I cannot count as Network Administrating.

I am a computer scientist, which means I've the knowledge of hardware (relatively minor concept), and programming (direct hardware-manipulation via Assembly, reverse-engineeering, debugging, patching and pointing). You see, as someone with a little experience, I can assure you most of the computer science (not engineering) is strictly based off programming. Database, SQL-injection etc. are programming-related. In fact, MySQL itself is a semi-programming language.

SQL = Structured Querying Language

MySQL, and other SQL-software use SQL as their query language. You need the basic knowledge of programming to understand it.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I can argue a little.

Computer science == programming.
Network administrating is just a minor part. In fact, I've M.S in computer science and various awards throughout my life, yet I'm ignorant about network administrating. I am working for Modis'. You see, database manipulation, DNS-spoofing, SQL-injections etc. are just the basic concepts which I cannot count as Network Administrating.

I am a computer scientist, which means I've the knowledge of hardware (relatively minor concept), and programming (direct hardware-manipulation via Assembly, reverse-engineeering, debugging, patching and pointing). You see, as someone with a little experience, I can assure you most of the computer science (not engineering) is strictly based off programming. Database, SQL-injection etc. are programming-related. In fact, MySQL itself is a semi-programming language.

SQL = Structured Querying Language

MySQL, and other SQL-software use SQL as their query language. You need the basic knowledge of programming to understand it.

Computer knowledge is not just programming. You can still work in tech support, that deals nothing related to programming, and still have a wide knowledge about computers, the safe computing practices, etc etc more than any other talented programmers.

Hardware is yet another category, that's totally unrelated to programming.

You can have basic knowledge in every category, not advanced knowledge in each one of them. Unless your special off course....

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
That whole "Computing Knowledge" term is kind of broad and vague. I think here it should apply more to OS, software, hardware and troubleshooting in general over programming as it would be more related to the kind of thread it's being answered on.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
That whole "Computing Knowledge" term is kind of broad and vague. I think here it should apply more to OS, software, hardware and troubleshooting in general over programming as it would be more related to the kind of thread it's being answered on.

Here's how bogdan has defined computer knowledge in this thread: http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-share-your-config-read-before-posting.87/

Current level of security knowledge and awareness
The one that reflects you current security knowledge.
  • Basic
  • Medium
  • Advanced
Having a hard time deciding? An advanced user would know the following:
  • User knows how to distinguish a signed installer from an unsigned one.
  • User knows how to create a full partition backup.
  • User knows what processes and services usually run on their computer and how they can terminate one of them.
  • User knows what processes and services run at start-up and they can prevent one of them from loading.
  • User knows how to edit the Windows registry.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Here's how bogdan has defined computer knowledge in this thread: http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-share-your-config-read-before-posting.87/

Current level of security knowledge and awareness
The one that reflects you current security knowledge.
  • Basic
  • Medium
  • Advanced
Having a hard time deciding? An advanced user would know the following:
  • User knows how to distinguish a signed installer from an unsigned one.
  • User knows how to create a full partition backup.
  • User knows what processes and services usually run on their computer and how they can terminate one of them.
  • User knows what processes and services run at start-up and they can prevent one of them from loading.
  • User knows how to edit the Windows registry.

So it basically come to what I listed above. It have nothing to do with programming at all.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
True. But Windows Registry is complex, and in my opinion, requires at least the basic amount of programming to understand. I am sure you know that.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
True. But Windows Registry is complex, and in my opinion, requires at least the basic amount of programming to understand. I am sure you know that.

You don't need to know programming at all in order to understand the Windows Registry. I started exploring it way before I learned my first programming language. It really depends of what you want to do with it.

I

illumination

Im running Backbox 3.13 modified by me
Backbox 4 will be out soon, like the end of this month..

I hope you were not among the few that tried to upgrade the core to 14.04 essentially breaking the OS..

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Based on my observation this is my first time to encounter a girl who have lots of known stuffs install in a system and test beta OS/programs. :O :) (Thumbs up)

I will agree a bit on Computer Science deals on programming (you are making your own version of software) but it also alongside to understand other concepts like hardware, operating system, computer security and others.

In short computer knowledge will be determine by its analytical and logical thinking outcome but in terms of computer security habits and tweaks.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Based on my observation this is my first time to encounter a girl who have lots of known stuffs install in a system and test beta OS/programs. :O :) (Thumbs up)

I will agree a bit on Computer Science deals on programming (you are making your own version of software) but it also alongside to understand other concepts like hardware, operating system, computer security and others.

In short computer knowledge will be determine by its analytical and logical thinking outcome but in terms of computer security habits and tweaks.
Yeah dude. When I ask myself "how can I learn more about computers other than learning more languages?", the answer is "computer engineering books. Which are insufficient".

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.