Aug 24, 2014
2vd63wg.png
2ewnos8.jpg

Last edited:

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Congratulations on winning the Bitdefender give away! I did have Bitdefender installed, but had problems with wifi connection(s) so I have gone back to Kaspersky :)

Reactions: jen900

jen900

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
Congratulations on winning the Bitdefender give away! I did have Bitdefender installed, but had problems with wifi connection(s) so I have gone back to Kaspersky :)
well KIS have problems too last tym I used it...

Reactions: Manzai

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I think in general all software has faults/errors - Kaspersky (on their forum) stated beta's are to find the severe bugs, small ones are ignored. What problems did you have?

jen900

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
I think in general all software has faults/errors - Kaspersky (on their forum) stated beta's are to find the severe bugs, small ones are ignored. What problems did you have?
well my explorer.exe hangs up every time it uses full scan ...

Reactions: Manzai and Kent

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I think with Kaspersky it depends on system specs, RAM etc., I have 32GB so have no problems with scanning etc.,

jen900

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
I think with Kaspersky it depends on system specs, RAM etc., I have 32GB so have no problems with scanning etc.,
me in my another pc I used it with specs of 8gb ram and core i7 so KIS is the problem

Rus Anca

Level 25
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
me in my another pc I used it with specs of 8gb ram and core i7 so KIS is the problem
Tips for BIS 2015:
What are doing if the Windows update automatic off, when Bitdefender autopilot is on ?

--- solution is:

The Windows update postponing situation which you are mentioning happens only when one of these profiles are ON (so as to minimize the impact on system performance). This is the normal behavior of the product and happens only when you choose to turn Bitdefender Profiles on.
You can set-up the product so that it does not modify Windows updates: open Bitdefender > Tools > Profiles > for each Profile you have “Configure” > here you can un-check “Postpone Windows Updates”.

jen900

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
Tips for BIS 2015:
What are doing if the Windows update automatic off, when Bitdefender autopilot is on ?

--- solution is:

The Windows update postponing situation which you are mentioning happens only when one of these profiles are ON (so as to minimize the impact on system performance). This is the normal behavior of the product and happens only when you choose to turn Bitdefender Profiles on.
You can set-up the product so that it does not modify Windows updates: open Bitdefender > Tools > Profiles > for each Profile you have “Configure” > here you can un-check “Postpone Windows Updates”.
thanks for the advice

saratoga23

Level 1
Aug 15, 2012
before using bitdefender internet security but also had problems with slow navigation very good configuration

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
jen900, I am impressed how you've chosen to browse free of extensions/add-ons!!
*"Hi, my name is Cats..; and I'm a recovering extension/add-on-aholic...".:p;)

Your desktop looks good too!:D

Just two suggestions you may already be practicing:
  • In IE, within "Internet Options", under the "Security" tab, check the box "Enable protected mode".
  • Use "InPrivate" and "Incognito" browsing in IE and Chrome respectively which deletes browsing history & cookies at the end of session.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful Windows 7 with us!:)

MalwareFire

Level 3
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
Hi i dont recommend you to use Bitdefender ( if you bought then use ) because bitdefender slow down your internet connection!

Surtur

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 11, 2013
Nice config but I suggest you use a backup software. A backup can be a real life saver in some cases.:)

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I think you should activate your copy of windows it says it's not genuine, but otherwise good configuration.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.