Macrium Reflect,Active Disk

VladDracul

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Perfect.

Though I would ask is it so necessary to sandbox SRWIron as chromiums are very safe per se?
I know about the discussion that Sandboxie is redundant on SRWIron or Chrome for example,but it gives me a plus feeling of strength and security :p And i'm happy with it.
Thank you for your thoughts.

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
I know about the discussion that Sandboxie is redundant on SRWIron or Chrome for example,but it gives me a plus feeling of strength and security :p And i'm happy with it.
Thank you for your thoughts.
The second great thing in sandboxing a browser is that after deleting the sandbox the HD got cleaned of huge amount junk.

VladDracul

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Switched to Comodo full suite and added SS Free.I know,it's redundant,but my paranoia has to be "pleased" :D
Oh,and i removed SBIE as for me Comodo's sandbox fulfill my needs.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Switched to Comodo full suite and added SS Free.I know,it's redundant,but my paranoia has to be "pleased" :D
Oh,and i removed SBIE as for me Comodo's sandbox fulfill my needs.

The problem is that redundant feature might decrease the protection capability.
I heard that there are some malwares that could be blocked if you use any one of Spyshelter and Outpost, but could not be defended if you use both of them together.
I am afraid that this issue might also apply to your combo.

VladDracul

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
The problem is that redundant feature might decrease the protection capability.
I heard that there are some malwares that could be blocked if you use any one of Spyshelter and Outpost, but could not be defended if you use both of them together.
I am afraid that this issue might also apply to your combo.
Well,i think it's not my case..Outpost works in a diferent maner of Comodo's sandbox,as i have HIPS disabled.But feel free to give us a link or any details about the SS and Outpost issue...And i will judge if this is applying to my combo...

VladDracul

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Here is the post on this issue. But the OP claimed that he had removed the malware sample that could incur this issue.
Sorry I am unable to provide more details.
Thanks,but i feel very safe and problems free with CIS and SS.It's not my first "date" with this combo,as i used to use it 2 or 3 years ago,and again,problems free.And IF something goes wrong...that's why i have 3 backup and imaging software for!:D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.