App Review K7 Total Security 2014 (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

Manzai

Thread author

URL:

K7 blocks all URLs. The puzzle is a false positive.

Malware Pack:

Disastrous. K7 detect 20 malware and blocks very little file at startup. The malware infects the system, K7 does not blocking attacks by Trojans. K7 blocks only startup key created by Trojan Horse. Norton Power Eraser detects 6 files, Zemana detects 4 files.

RAM Usage => Good, K7 is light

Advice: Medium => 2,5/5

@MisterToto and @souhrid requests

=> Next Test : VIPRE IS 2015

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
Thanks Manzai for this great review.k7 once again proved to be the best Indian product ( ignoring escan since it uses BD). K7 is much better than quick heal products that dominates Indian market.

Last edited:
Reactions: Manzai

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Net protector may have taken over the lead or may be close behind Quick Heal in India. NP AV is really bad, K7 is much better. But I have come across users of all these three AVs, and the truth is that they get infected very easily. More alarming is that some malwares actually remain in the users machine without getting detected at all.

Reactions: souhrid and Manzai

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
very nice review i expected more from k7 can you test please secyrAlive antivirus or internet security? i think it has ikarus engine. thanks in advance;)

Reactions: Manzai

MisterToto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
I hoped K7 was good...maybe I'll test it one day
If they fix behavior blocker then we will talk about one of the best security products on the market....
Awesome review Manzai!!!!!!!!
Can you tell us why? Explain it please=)

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
I hoped K7 was good...maybe I'll test it one day

Can you tell us why? Explain it please=)

According to manzai test, K7 have an excellent webfilter, and it blocked almost all web threats, so web blocking needs no improvement.
On the malware pack it was good but on execution of undetected malware K7 behavior blocker was only detect start up items from being created.
So practically malware can do any other damage on the system without any problem. Their behavior blocker needs improvement as it let windows critical areas unprotected.
If they manage to develop a better and ''in depth'' analysis behavior blocker, then yes we will talk about an excellent product.....

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.