Kaspersky Active FTP Mode....

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hi Everyone:

Kaspersky's firewall has the option to allow or block port 21 (FTP Server): does anyone here know if I can block this port and not have any problems, and will it increase the level of security?

Tony :)

Reactions: Ali80

Ali80

Level 5
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
When you want to copy files between two computers that are on the same local network, often you can simply "share" a drive or folder, and copy the files the same way you would copy files from one place to another on your own PC. If you do not use this type of sharing - you can safely block this port. I guess you do not use the FTP (File Transfer Protocol) :) You will not have any problems...and yes it will increase the level of security. However you can revert it at any time safely :)

Last edited:

Ali80

Level 5
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
Yes, but trial only :( ...but there is giveaway on this forum...i will try to get licence :)

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
I find it to be an excellent security suite with amazing protection. I hope you win the license key, but if you can, Kaspersky is currently doing a sale on their products; I got Kaspersky Total Security 2015 for £24.99

Ali80

Level 5
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
Thank You @Tony Cole for info. Maximum i need is Internet Security suite. Does Total Security have something special? I never used TS products before :) ...... and yes Kaspersky is really amazing!

Reactions: Tony Cole

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
No not really, I was quite disappointed as their online backup is dropbox 2GB which dropbox offer that for free. It is cheaper than the internet security package, I think it's a promotion for the new product

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.