Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Select

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Evening everyone, well it's very early morning here in the UK.

My mate was using Bitdefender GravityZone for his business (trial) but I pointed out the comments made by people on this forum, with advanced knowledge of security software and he has changed to Kaspersky Endpoint Select. Plus, he actually brought something, well 50 seats, for over £1000, and lucky me I have it installed on my system (how lucky am I), okay may be not that lucky. What's your thoughts on Kaspersky Endpoint, does it offer excellent protection or not?

Tony :)

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
You no what kills me about you,you love Kaspersky but let people get in your head & get you acting all iffee about it.
Champ i don't use it,but what i can tell you is that Kaspersky have been dominating in the av circles for 11 yrs b consistently,plz do some research. Pure Facts:) Kaspersky=anti virus,internet security,total or buisness make no difference with any in the right person hands they set.

Reactions: Venustus

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I think KES10 has good enough overall protection & good configuration settings... but maybe still a bit heavy when managed by KSC10 :)

Reactions: Enju

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
KES is a good starter kit. And allows the user to get familiar with EP protection.

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
I think KES10 has good enough overall protection & good configuration settings... but maybe still a bit heavy when managed by KSC10 :)
Doesn't KES use a tad older engine than the home user products for stability's sake? But even if the engine was a bit "outdated" the protection offered would still be superb.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
I was actually following the guidance of 1-2 forum members who work in/for the antivirus industry. Yes, it's true you can easily Google any word and you will 9 x 10 get an answer, but this is a specialized forum that deals with malware, and malware related issues. I thought I'd ask the question, see if I could get a general consensus whether Bitdefender has the ability to a) protect against the latest threats, and b) is it stable. Thank you Nico@FMA for the advice and help.

P.S. Well it is true that any security suite is an antivirus (and more) however, I am sure, just like home user products they vary considerably in their protection/removal capabilities.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Doesn't KES use a tad older engine than the home user products for stability's sake? But even if the engine was a bit "outdated" the protection offered would still be superb.

I don't think so... You can visit the Updatable modules beta-testing section in Kaspersky Forum and see all the modules being tested and check the products affected, for example in System Watcher, QSCAN, Anti-RootKit, AVEngine, etc... most are common modules for home and bussiness products like KES and KSOS:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=368

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I don't think so... You can visit the Updatable modules beta-testing section in Kaspersky Forum and see all the modules being tested and check the products affected, for example in System Watcher, QSCAN, Anti-RootKit, AVEngine, etc... most are common modules for home and bussiness products like KES and KSOS:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=368
You have a point!:)
Nevertheless, I assume we are talking about "stable" release modules and not "beta" modules?!:)

Most of the "stable" home solutions released to the public act as s "public beta" which irons out all the bugs and then the enterprise/business version follows!
For example Eset Endpoint 6 vs Eset v8(home user).Two versions behind the home product!
Same with Avast etc:)
Just my POV!!;)

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, that section is for the beta modules being tested now, even though will become stable and released soon officially, no difference, actual stable modules still are common :)

The point here is that no matter the product We talk about, the main protection modules are common and are being tested at the same time and They get the same updates...

For example AVEngine:
This is a mini-FAQ for avengine.dll update testing.

Supported products:
• KAV/KIS 2012
• KAV/KIS 2013
• KAV/KIS 2014
• KAV/KIS 2015
• Pure v4
• KES 8
• KES 10
• PURE 2013
• PURE v.2
• KSOS3 FS/PC
• SDK 8.2
• SDK 8.3
• KSE 8.0
• KSH 8.0 MP1
• KFPCE
• KFP

OS coverage:
The products should be tested with supported OSes.

VM or real PC?
If you can, it is better to perform tests on physical computers (not VMWare or Virtual PC).
Also it would be useful to test with different hardware configurations: CPU, HDD controllers, motherboards etc.

What to pay attention for:
- speed of scanning and disinfection
- crashes of the product and other apps

Short test plan:
1. Turn off the File Antivirus
2. Run On Demand scan of disks and folders - scan sope is up to you
3. Perform additional tests:
a) If you have an option to use a ftp/http server, place collection onto it and download it with wget.exe or any other downloader simultaneously with On Demand collection scan.
cool.gif
If possible perform tests on multi-processor machines
c) Combine reboot/no reboot after update from the test update source
d) Restart the machine right after the update
Pay attention to:
a. Performance of product and system
i. Memory usage
ii. Processor time usage
b. Product failures

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.