Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Screenshots

Antivirus
Improved:
Checking file reputation uses cloud technology to verify the security of a file to which you are applying. With just one click! Right-click on the file icon and select "View reputation in KSN». This will give you an extra level of protection when working with files and programs.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Looks interesting. I wish they would have moved away from this "metro" type user interface, I really miss the KIS 2010/2001 UI.....
Kaspersky_2011___KIS2010_Skin_by_Misaki2009.png

4730171256_794c48edcb.jpg

They looked so much better!! :)

Now, regarding the File Reputation system, I really hope that the made it more "aggressive" as this is the real only way to stop 0 day malware.

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
Wow, a flatter look for kaspersky for me was better. I love the Metro interface :) reminds me of windows 8.1. I look forward to see if this release will decrease the consumption of ram and startup time. Imagine light kaspersky?

I

illumination

I have to agree with Jack, the older UI was much better looking...

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Wow, a flatter look for kaspersky for me was better. I love the Metro interface :) reminds me of windows 8.1. I look forward to see if this release will decrease the consumption of ram and startup time. Imagine light kaspersky?
First beta-version from kaspersky is very different from the final result.

Dima007

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Apr 24, 2013
I no have any plan to download it... Please keep me posted...
Any screenshots for English version?

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I love Kaspersky but there UI is just getting worse with every release!!
Did they hire Kindergarten students to design it?:p

Earlier versions were much more aesthetic and professional looking:D

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
The new UI is definitely a refreshing take on modern interfaces. It looks cleaner and less cluttered than the older versions.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I am a fan of the older too.As long as it provides the same protection it provided me for many years it really doesn't matter that much to me.The metro GUI is nice but they are very plain and quite similar to many others.I like a little bling

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
i actually always liked their UI's, its polished and has all the options i need.
any changelog for improvements or new features?

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
i actually always liked their UI's, its polished and has all the options i need.
any changelog for improvements or new features?
Details and official list of changes and improvements will come later. Provisional release date 2015 version - July 2014.

Infrared

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Feb 15, 2014
I personally don't like the new UI as of now, But what can i say its a early beta so we shall see what changes overtime hopefully some more details in the look of it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hmm.. Touch and Mouse friendly is the idea behind new GUI's. Kaspersky 2010 had a cool UI back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.