Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hi Everyone!

I know we've heard it all before, but with the reviews on MT's and youtube i.e., MalwareDoctor showing poor results from Kaspersky; which one would you choose, and why?

Tony :)

wajiman

Level 5
Verified
Jul 18, 2013
Bitdefender, well i did try kaspersky once but you know, no giveaways given by them. Got 2 to 3 keys for bitdefender through giveaways. furthermore, good detection and proactive defense and password manager is built in and not separate like kaspersky and i feel it to be a bit lighter than the kaspersky, dunno about the latest.

Last edited:

stephentony

Level 1
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
When I tested Kaspersky 2015 Final, I had none of the issues that were in MalwareDoctor's video review. I think you might want to take that testing review with a grain of salt. Afterall, MD did a testing review of EAM 9.0 final and absolutely destroyed EAM. That review was the only one I've seen that came up with those test results. No offence to you MD, but that review bordered on slanderous.;) Both BD 2015 and Kaspersky 2015 (I cannot believe we are talking about 2015 versions in mid July!:confused:) are very good products. I tested both recently and I would give the absolute slightest edge to Kaspersky. It really is like splitting hairs. Flip a coin and you win no matter heads or tails. Use the one you like better because both will do a fine job for you.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/slanderous

SoundJudgment

Jul 10, 2014
Let's face facts. Both Bitsy and Kaspersky 2015 Final-release products failed this year. Despite everyone believing they would be the BEST in the 2015 Online-protection arena, all the usual Youtube reviews (Malware Doctor, PC Security Channel, etc.) show tons of malware and PuPs left over from the On Demand and Behavior-scans. The Test systems remained well-infected at the end of the reviews.

I am very disappointed by the test results shown. They were both much better products than this in prior years.

Last edited:

M.Anonyme

Jul 17, 2014
"I am very disappointed by the test results shown. They were both much better products than this in prior years. "

just curious as to what you would use, instead...and for anyone running Windows, is there an issue with "Windows Desktop Manager" constantly being closed when using Bitdefender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.