Kaspersky Internet Security 2015

Product name
Kaspersky Internet Security 2015
Pros
  • 1. Excellent PROTECTION - from several aspects. (My score: 5/5)
    2. Excellent ADJUSTABILITY - very customizable. (My score: 5/5)
    3. Excellent USER INTERFACE - very nice gui, easy to navigate and understand. (My score: 5/5)
    4. Excellent PERFORMANCE - responsive system in different situations, for ex. browsing, opening office programs, file copying, navigating through system, scan speed, fast responding to malware detections and fast cleaning of malwares, has no major impact on boot time. (My score: 5/5)
    5. Excellent RELIABILITY - no conflicts with system, windows updates or essential software like office, no conflicts with drivers, no error reporting messages, no bsod-s. (My score: 5/5)
    6. Good resource usage - balanced resource usage in terms of ram usage, disk R/W, and processor usage, with good implementation. (My score: 3/5)
CONS
1. Kaspersky Security Network - There should be option in KSN to notify users when it need to upload something or prompt for confirmation - my good example is Avira Cloud - asking for your approval.
2. Resource usage is good but can be improved as always (RAM usage is ok, but there is impact on disk R/W and processor usage. Good example to follow is ESET.
3. Boot time is ok but can be improved as always (my good examples are MSE and ESET).
BOTTOM LINE
Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 is a premium product. Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 worth the money. Price is not high for such all-round product. I do not recommend the use of KIS in combination with any other real time AV, not even Malwarebytes. I do not recommend the use of KIS in combination with even some of the on-demand scanners as some of them leaves a lot of drivers on your system that some day may couse conflict. For on demand scanners my recommendation is Emsisoft Emergency Kit. Always disable KIS before you run EEK or some other on-demand scanner. Do not use aggresive hard drive cleaners, especially registry cleaners. Kaspersky Internet Security is a very complex product. Always create Kaspersky Rescue Disk after you install KIS. For 32 bit machines i recommend - 2GB of RAM and at least Dual-Core CPU 2.50 GHz and for 64 bit machines i recommend - 3GB of RAM and at least Dual-Core CPU 2.50 GHz. KIS is very recommended product!

Ali80

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
Thank you @Jack for your reputation point and your comment. I am truly thankful :) In the future I will improve my reviews with some screenshots and info. I spent a really extensive testing of products from several aspects...and also every score i gave to KIS is compared with 20+ antiviruses that i tested before myself...but i missed some screenshots and etc. It will be better in the future :)

Last edited:

Ali80

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
Thanks @Tony Cole :) Yes Kaspersky is really good at protection. The product is also very well implemented. It is suitable for novice and advanced users. For example advanced user can set Protection > File Antivirus > Security level to LOW. In that case performance is really really noticeably better (i must say best) and protection is still solid. Novice users can enjoy with RECOMMENDED settings with excellent protection. Also switching between some modules is instant and hassle free. With HIGH setting HEURETICS are really excellent and catch almoust everything.

Reactions: tonibalas

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Yes I have beefed up the security to max settings. I have changed application control to untrusted, as I'd rather have an application fail to start, check it out then, if it's safe install it.

Reactions: tonibalas and Ali80

Ali80

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
Yes I have beefed up the security to max settings. I have changed application control to untrusted, as I'd rather have an application fail to start, check it out then, if it's safe install it.
Yes i tested Application Control and it's good from every angle. My favorite is UNTRUSTED also :D

Reactions: tonibalas

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I must say, some say Kaspersky is expensive, but their customer service is truly amazing you can email, telephone tech support or customer services and they treat you like a VIP. None of this Bitdefender lark where you cannot contact them.

Ali80

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
Thanks @Ashu Kumar for your comment. I am truly thankfull :) I must note that even good sides of KIS are compared with 20+ other antiviruses but i forgot to mention them. Fow example at web blocking only Trend Micro achieved better results...etc.

Ali80

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
I must say, some say Kaspersky is expensive, but their customer service is truly amazing you can email, telephone tech support or customer services and they treat you like a VIP. None of this Bitdefender lark where you cannot contact them.
Yes I agree with You. Customer Service is now amazing... 5 years ago it was little bit different, but they improved a lot :) As for BitDefender i really have no experience with Customer Service.

Ali80

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
Well, i hope they will see some posts over here and improve in the future :)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Thank you @Jack for your reputation point and your comment. I am truly thankful :) In the future I will improve my reviews with some screenshots and info. I spent a really extensive testing of products from several aspects...and also every score i gave to KIS is compared with 20+ antiviruses that i tested before myself...but i missed some screenshots and etc. It will be better in the future :)
Well earned. Congrats from me. :D

Reactions: Ali80 and Tony Cole

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
A very good review and thorough so anyone can understand the pros and cons of KIS;).

Congrats for the reputation points and i am really looking forward for your next review:).

p.s.: Kaspersky is one among few security vendors i haven't tried because any time i try to install KAV or KIS, Kaspersky gives an .NET Framework error and i should reinstall it (NET Framework):mad::(. I have the latest version and have done the reinstall but again the same message.When i will format my pc i will try again;)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Thanks Ali80 for the tip later i will give it a try;)

Reactions: Ali80

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.