Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippel

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
Hello,

the most important features for me are detection and prevention. I'd say that prevention is even more important. What would you suggest? I know one is paid and the other one is free but I don't mind paying for an AV

Reactions: Piteko21

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
it's difficult to say, but Kaspersky has more features and more protection from zero day threats.
kaspersky protect very well but is extremely heavy in "some systems"- it depends.

Qihoo 360 is pretty good, has bitdefender and avira engines, recognized by the excellent signatures, and 360 cloud, to not speak their good registry protection.
on the other hand it has many false positives.

I think that both are capable to detect and prevent new and unknown threats, kaspersky are much more polished that Qihoo.

I use Qihoo and has significants false positives

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
I long time used Kaspersky Internet Security.
Kaspersky is great choice have nice firewall, detection and other features.
But I now use Qihoo 360 Internet Security. Qihoo have large community and can detect little faster 0-days malwares.
One big problem with Qihoo is a lot of false detections but large database with bitDefender and Avira core.

For my is Qihoo awesome with combination Zemana AntiMalware/HerdProtect and Comodo Firewall. :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Kaspersky is one to be so good suites out there as not just optimize on protection but other components you wanted to configure for maximum capabilities.

Meanwhile Qihoo 360 is equivalent for Gdata due to multi engines and considering it does perform well including cloud feature and that's the highlight of their program most.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Both are great products and they will protect you well.
360 Internet Security is far lighter on system resources than Kaspersky.
Each product had different method to prevent malware.
I have tried both and i can say that 360 Internet Security is better and it will give you very good level of protection without wasting too much resources.

I suggest you download and try 360 Internet Security for 10 days to see by yourself how the product works and if you are not satisfied then go and try Kaspersky. DO NOT BUY Kaspersky until you try it and be satisfied.

Chippel

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
Why does a free product like Qihoo have a much higher detection rate than a paid product like Kaspersky even with BD and Avira engine disabled? That does not make any sense to me.

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
Why does a free product like Qihoo have a much higher detection rate than a paid product like Kaspersky even with BD and Avira engine disabled? That does not make any sense to me.
I think it is strange isn' t it? no sense at all...

Jimmy HendriX

Level 24
Verified
Well-known
Dec 25, 2014

remember that the Chinese company Qihoo 360 security is billionaire and is free because the company wants to gain market share by offering the product for free users.

Billcomputerman123

Level 5
Verified
Feb 12, 2015
i would have to say kaspersky because of it having a zero day component and 360 dose not have a zero day component either kaspersky or eset would work good if your looking for a free antivirus try avg free or avast free their great free avs

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I would go for Kaspersky, just because Qihoo has multiple engines makes no difference. Kaspersky is by far the best internet security suite available, with roll-back featurs, anti-spam web protection, the list goes on!

Infrared

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Feb 15, 2014
With the reported bugs lately with Qihoo i would say kaspersky, Even if Qihoo did not have bugs i would still recommend kaspersky it's just a more stable application and has better features in my opinion.

Reactions: Tony Cole

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Unless you deliberately go to malware sites or download files that you know might contain malware, then Detection and Prevention isn't even an issue.

If it's not deliberate, any good free antivirus solution will be able to protect you at home. With Qihoo you wouldn't make a mistake either way.

H

hjlbx

Kaspersky's performance is extremely consistent over a long period of time as rated by the various antivirus test labs: excellent.

If I had to choose between Kasperksy and Qihoo, then I would select Kaspersky.

However, the only way to make an informed choice is to evaluate each one on your specific system.

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
I've tried both of them, and i should say Kaspersky gets the point for now.

I've tested them myself, and both detection rates are similar, though Kaspersky had a better Real Time Protection rate. And Kaspersky had some extra features as a personal firewall, things i did not find at Qihoo.

As much as i read, Qihoo offers free products because they stand with ads (at their websites). I have an idea they'll do it paid after they get famous enough.

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-26-12-18-38.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-26-12-18-38.png
    109.5 KB · Views: 405

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
1. I don't see any ads on their website with the adblocker turned off
2. Most independent websites run with ads. Why should that make a product paid.
3. That's a pretty old report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.