Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Hello...
Here are my recommendations to improve your security config:
- Enable UAC
- Add a couple on-demand scanners (EEK, HitmanPro, MBAM)
- Make a backup of your most important files
- Add these addons: WOT & HTTPS Everywhere
Thanks for sharing!

I

illumination

Agree with enabling UAC and adding a On-Demand or two.. Also not only back up your important files, but a full system back up is priceless.. It is a fail safe, when all else fails ;)

kasperskyfan

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 13, 2014
UAC is annoying for me. Thats why I have disabled it. Also I think that ESET s enough for me. Havent had problems since I installed ESET. Sometimes I install MBAM for a scan and I'm always clean.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
my opinion is to add a second browser just to be sure and add a password manager to secure your passwords when you are online;).
thanks for sharing

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How does UAC annoy you? Do you not understand the alerts? Why do you use programs that constantly require full privileges?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.