KatyD's Config

KatyD

Thread author
Oct 26, 2014
The config listed is a on a shared computer, not my personal one. I'm not always on this computer, so I need safeguards for people who are less tech savvy.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hi :), first you may assign your current AV (AVG and MBAM) to be auto scheduled scan and automatic updates.

Second add Hitman Pro or HerdProtect as on demand scanner.

Reactions: tonibalas

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
A good solution would be a backup software like Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper. Both are free and work great. Then no matter what changes are done you revert back to your original setup. ;)

Reactions: tonibalas

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Are you upgraded to SP1?
I would uninstall SAS and add a some other on demand scanners such as Emsisoft Emergency kit,Hitman Pro ,ESEt online scanner
Some type of backup solution

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Very good config,my suggestion is to add a password manager to secure your passwords when you are online.
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Exterminator

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.