KCleaner new releases (Use Portable or Lite Installer)

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Most likely a false positive
No:D
Ashampoo_Snap_2014_10_26_22h24m00s_007.jpg

It adware)
ESET-NOD32: Win32/Somoto.Q

Rus Anca

Level 25
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
The problems for KCleaner fixed in new version 2.4.0.56:

0001063:KCleaner should delete FireFox Anti-Phishing-Database
0002635:Clean "CrashDump"
0002636:Clean "Logs"

Use KCleaner with care, at your own risk!

Last edited:

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Original file name: kcleaner.exe
File size: 1423183
MD5: 635666b5b7c153eb711ac79c7dfeb6ca
SHA1: 84eeda4d6ee328c121c8abc4911a2c9cea6c8ce6
Threat: Adware.Somoto.107
Thank you for the cooperation.
Yours sincerely,
Virus Monitoring Service
Doctor Web Ltd.
:D

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
KC Softwares is one of the few that makes it very clear that the default installer contains bundled offers, even noting which ones you may find. KC Softwares also makes it very easy to download the installer files that contain no bundled offers at all, so even fewer companies take a similar approach.

For comparison, Piriform has always provided a bundled installer as default, and gives the options to download other builds, but the version with no bundled offers usually only came out days afterwards, and now only the portable version is offered as an option to the default installer.

I don't see any reason why this developer should be given a hard time about this.

S

Sr. Normal

Good news :)

Thanks !

What about Kcleaner itself ??

XVRIWBO.png

Yesterday I could not prove ( the time difference , a daughter of 4 years ...)
Today I 've been looking and it seems a very powerful software , but very confusing.
It is only partially translated , which subtracts some point, since you have the security of being well choosing the options you want .

Another thing I would like is that give more information about what it has done.
There is no perfect tool for this

I like its interface, its speed and the expert mode option.

I do not like the translation and lack of information.

I think that the normal user did not know , do not understand, but I love having data.

Thanks for the program and follow closely .

Kind regards

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
It's a malware

2a56ac6a26.jpg

Like it's been said before, download only the portable versions of software from KC Softwares.

The installer versions contain a lot of adware, which can be called malware (Relevant Knowledge and Somoto). Sadly they make one of the best products in it's class like SuMo (software updater).

The developer should seriously re-think about which products they should include in it's installer to get revenue. It's fine that you include adware to get the revenue, most free dev's does it, but including malware?, that's a different story.

He's calling for a bad-name himself.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
KC Software is known to have their default installers bundled with Adware/PUP.

@Manzai If you looked at the Download page before installing anything you should have seen this.
upload_2014-10-27_13-9-57.png

My recommendation would be to only use the Portable (.ZIP) download links.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.