KelvinW4's Configuration

KelvinW4

Level 1
Thread author
May 8, 2012
What do you guys think about my setup? I'm trying to have the slimmest setup possible and this seems like it. I feel no slowdown, probably this has been my longest setup. Roboscan uses Bitdefender signatures, and SecureAPlus whitelist will prompt any unknown executuion. Roboscan firewall will also prompt ingoing or outgoing traffic.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Idk much about Roboscan Internet Security. Maybe you should enable UAC and use MBAM for on demand scanning.

Reactions: Littlebits

KelvinW4

Level 1
Thread author
May 8, 2012
I dont find UAC useful because it prompts on stuff too often. I thought about MBAM but I dont like how it is buggy and has a process just for on demand scan.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I don't mind the extra prompts if it gives me another layer of protection. I never found MBAM to be buggy, I'm still using it for malware scanning on PCs that I repair, been using it for years.

Reactions: Oxygen

reyes

Level 4
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
Then you can use HitmanPro on demand. just to be on the safe side :) also its better if you enable UAC to default settings. Adguard extension is also good as you can have element hiding module integrated to the extension and its light too

Reactions: King Alpha

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
UAC is the most useful thing you can have on a pc....

Based on my experience, a most of PCs with infections that I've repaired have UAC turned off, which can easily be prevented.

Reactions: Littlebits

KelvinW4

Level 1
Thread author
May 8, 2012
Well I guess Ill use Herdprotect, showing promise! I imagine that whitelisting will do the same job as UAC am I right?

KelvinW4

Level 1
Thread author
May 8, 2012
It's very light and works as it should! Their development staff is very responsive and they are working hard on it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.