Kid got a hold of laptop.... Trovi, Web Guard, Bubble Audio, and about 11-teen other buggers.

Gabriel DeCicco

Thread author
Apr 15, 2015
No idea, around November 2014. It's my boss's laptop and his kid messed it up in half an hour or so. He gave it to me to mess with, and I'm eager to fix such a rats nest of malware.

Adds out the wazoo... seriously, takes 15 minutes or so to close a window once the web browser is open. After just searching the web or trying to uninstall obvious stuff, it would start downloading unholy packets of malware bundled to some program.

It was later discovered that many of the programs in the bundles were trojans. I deleted one other malware from the registry via tutorial, however the name of it eludes me since I haven't touched the computer in months. I also attempted to follow a tutorial to delete Trovi from the registry, but it revolted so much with adds that the computer locked up. I unplugged the hard drive and ran a full scan with Kaspersky on my tower. It seemed to only wipe out a handful of things. There was no notice in performance either.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    18 KB · Views: 26
  • Addition.txt
    18 KB · Views: 71

Gabriel DeCicco

Thread author
Apr 15, 2015
So sorry for the wonky post! I didn't know what attachments I had and what the format was like.

Attachments

• FRST.0.txt
    19.7 KB · Views: 100

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

• We won't provide free help for work/business/company computers. This forum is run by volunteers that spend their time free of charge trying to help people. We're not here to help someone earn money. If you're earning for life via infected PC or making a profit by fixing someone's PC, then you should pay for the assistance.

Gabriel DeCicco

Thread author
Apr 15, 2015
Alright then thanks anyway. I'd like to make it knwon that it is not for any profit however if you choose not to help me I understand. I'll just nuke the HDD and let him install an OS so he can finally play Total War.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.