Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2014
  • Webroot wsa complete v8
  • Avast 2014 free
  • Comodo d+
Why the need for all 3 of them? :eek:

I suffer very badly last year because of a malware attack. So now I am taking every precaution that I can take. Also these 3 not effected my PC speed(I used Bitdefender before and it slow my pc than these 3 lol. ) so I thought to use all 3 :). Is something wrong with this usage?

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I suffer very badly last year because of a malware attack. So now I am taking every precaution that I can take. Also these 3 not effected my PC speed(I used Bitdefender before and it slow my pc than these 3 lol. ) so I thought to use all 3 :). Is something wrong with this usage?
Only one of them is need + with malwarebytes you will be fine.

KaptainBug

Level 12
Verified
Dec 26, 2013
You can safely drop either WSA or Avast. You will be fine with one AV and a firewall. Pay attention to UAC and download softwares from legit sites only.

Reactions: Oxygen

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
nothing is wrong with that. these 2 avs and 1 firewall are compatible for each other. If u still want to use 2 avs exclude from each other and the firewall too.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
WSA runs good with any AV or Suite but I would either use Avast or Comodo with WSA not both.I would replace one of the AV's with SBIE.Two AV's are not going to necessarily lessen your odds of getting infected.One AV and browsing in the sandbox and good safe practices will. Thanks for sharing your config :)

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Sandboxie would be a better choice than lots of av's etc.

Lalith Jayasinghe

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2014
Thanks for all for the suggestions. So it is better If I remove one of those and keep two.
1. WSA + Comodo Firewall with D+
2. Avast Free + Comodo Firewall with D+

Which is good?

Reactions: Overkill

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Actually the combination of a third party firewall and AV saves a lot however don't forget the common sense for any things you do in computer. :)

If you are in dealing of USBs I suggests add McShield for in related autorun/worm viruses.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.