Koroke San PC Config

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,;)

Backup Software, maybe Windows Backup and wondering if X64 Time Machine has a good backup anymore?
Also, you may check into Terabyte Image for Windows or Drive Snapshot as well. What are your choices for
Backup? Coming up?

Kind regards,:)

Reactions: Koroke San

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
How come you're still using Teamviewer 8 and not Teamviewer 9 ?
Also, you know that you don't always have to keep your drivers up to date except for your GPU drivers (and even there) ?

Koroke San

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
How come you're still using Teamviewer 8 and not Teamviewer 9 ?
Also, you know that you don't always have to keep your drivers up to date except for your GPU drivers (and even there) ?
Well i didn't update my specification here, i'm not much online now days. I'm using teamviewer 9 from when it released & yup i know that. I mostly check for VGA & sound driver.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Well i didn't update my specification here, i'm not much online now days. I'm using teamviewer 9 from when it released & yup i know that. I mostly check for VGA & sound driver.

Your GPU drivers can be found via the GPU manufacturer software, in that case Catalyst (AMD) and GeForce Experience (NVIDIA), no need for a third party program. Also, don't know why you would keep your sound drivers always updated too if you don't have any issues with the current drivers version.

Koroke San

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I know about GPU driver stuff -_- & like i said before this is my old config, i don't use any driver updater. If sound driver is working currently that doesn't mean i'll not update it if a new version released, i'll only not update it until i found bugs & instability with latest drivers & will move back to the previous one.

Reactions: Venustus

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
lol i always connected to net more then 10 hours a day is that what u mean :D since i tested on demand scanners today with malware pack, Emisoft emergency kit did quiet well then qihoo 360 & hitman pro so added it in my arsenal. Like time changes every seconds, Koroke San changes too :D :D
How could you have had last malware infection less than 3 months ago, with your config.? It would be impossible to EVER have malware or...! I would expect an infection NEVER with all that!!! :)

Koroke San

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
How could you have had last malware infection less than 3 months ago, with your config.? It would be impossible to EVER have malware or...! I would expect an infection NEVER with all that!!! :)
We r all humans & we all do mistake in our life by mistake hehe. Last time i was using only AVG on my pc & due to my mistake i got infection & AVG was incapable of removing threats that time. This configuration made after that incident & when i gain knowledge here in MT. Btw this is my old pc configuration.

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
We r all humans & we all do mistake in our life by mistake hehe. Last time i was using only AVG on my pc & due to my mistake i got infection & AVG was incapable of removing threats that time. This configuration made after that incident & when i gain knowledge here in MT. Btw this is my old pc configuration.
Btw, which one is your old configuration? duh..?

Harish_Shan23

Level 1
Verified
May 12, 2015
Good and strong security config:)
Add Herdprotect to your On-Demand scanners for 68 engines.
Add MBAE, EMET or HitmanPro.Alert for exploit mitigation.
Use Surfeasy VPN or VPNGate as an alternative to Cyberghost. Both are free but Surfeasy is limited to 500MB/Month.

D

Deleted member 21043

Use Surfeasy VPN or VPNGate as an alternative to Cyberghost. Both are free but Surfeasy is limited to 500MB/Month.
HerdProtect is not better than any other scanner like Malwarebytes, HitmanPro,... Just because it has 68 engines. Firstly, the product (HerdProtect) may not necessarily have the full detection that the engines they claim to be using actually have. Secondly, the more engines will result in higher False Positives and this can just confuse him at times (potentially).

I've used so many on-demand scanners before and test them frequently and HitmanPro is probably better in terms of speed and it also maintains a good detection to allow it to work efficiently in cleaning the system from both malware and adware infections.

He has Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit already. Instead of him listing it on the Real-Time field, he listed it under Privacy.

Nevertheless, seems this is his old config?
like i said before this is my old config

Koroke San

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Well, this is my old system config. I never updated my new pc config which i bought on this january coz i'm too lazy & visit rarely on MT ;)
And yes i agree with Karam, herdprotect is not mature yet, it gives me false positive always.
I don't use any extra exploit protection, i don't have ssd & it slows my startup by 12-15 seconds, take unnecessary resource in my system, EAM BB & my awareness against malware will do my job. Well my daily usage is above 1Gb so 500 MB won't do any good. I tried VPN gate it's good but not so good.

Reactions: Venustus

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@Koroke San, I had a lot of fun reading (actually re-reading) some of the old posts on this thread.;) These glasses I'm wearing:cool: aren't meant for close viewing,o_O so when clicking on the thread sent me back in the time machine, I'd thought I was reading new posts which were from :eek:last year!:p Nevertheless, your configuration remains a good read. I was *Laughing* at venustus' comment at how spending 10 hours online like you do would give him sezures!:D
By the way, this is the 2nd time today I've read high praise for Emsisoft's Antimalware. It must be the 'real deal'!:):)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.