KSN not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I just did a clean install of Windows 7 x64 SP1. Installed all system updates. Installed KIS 2015, updated, and restarted. And now, the KSN isn't working.

-http://img139.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=975413152_Capture_122_152lo.jpg

How do I make it work?

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
On VirtualBox i had this problem few days ago. I restart network adapter, change DNS (to google and restart VM , after reboot i change back to my ISP dns) and after this steps work for me.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I use net through wi-fi on my notebook. How do I fix this annoying issue?

I also have CyberGhost VPN installed. May be, that's causing all this.

A

Antivirus Tester

I just did a clean install of Windows 7 x64 SP1. Installed all system updates. Installed KIS 2015, updated, and restarted. And now, the KSN isn't working.

-http://img139.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=975413152_Capture_122_152lo.jpg

How do I make it work?

it sounds like there is something stopping kaspersky from connecting

D

Deleted member 21043

Hello @Sher,

Please can you please open up Command Prompt with Administrative Privelegs and paste the following and then hit enter:
Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

Afterwards, we register the DNS:
Code:
ipconfig /registerdns

After you have done this, do the same will the following commands:

Code:
ipconfig /release

Afterwards, paste the following and then hit enter:
Code:
ipconfig /renew

The above will reset your DNS/refresh your IP address.

You can try resetting the Network Adapter. As before, open CMD as Admin and use the following command:
Code:
netsh winsock reset

May be, that's causing all this.
Try uninstall it via example revo uninstaller and after this try run again.
Should you wish to uninstall Cyberghost VPN, please do so via the Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program > Select CyberGhost and then right click and select "Uninstall" and then proceed the following instructions. In my opinion, if the case is with a good legitimate software which provides an uninstallation and can be trusted you should use their uninstaller over a third party to uninstall the product. The product manufacturer knows best, not the third party. Of course there are some situations were traces may be left behind, you can always resort to attempting to use a product like CCleaner to fix this for you.

Should the issue still persist after doing the above, try restarting your system. Did you restart the system after Kaspersky installed? Either way, try restarting the system.

Cheers. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
@kram7750 I tried all of your above mentioned steps and restarted my PC, still no luck. I won't uninstall CyberGhost because everything used to work fine before. This is a fresh install and there is nothing I could do, but disable this buggy KSN.

D

Deleted member 21043

@kram7750 I tried all of your above mentioned steps and restarted my PC, still no luck. I won't uninstall CyberGhost because everything used to work fine before. This is a fresh install and there is nothing I could do, but disable this buggy KSN.
If possible could you try uninstalling CyberGhost and then check if Kaspersky KSN works again? If not, then you could reinstall it.

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Uninstalled CyberGhost VPN. Doesn't work still. KSN is now officially dead. RIP!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Did you check from the settings of Kaspersky Security Network if its activated well? Try to turn off the router and turn on after 10 seconds to refresh everything.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Check your DNS settings on your laptop, I know that cyberghost uses their own DNS servers and sometimes their software glitches and doesn't reset the DNS to your original servers so you are stuck on their DNS

SherKaan

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I re-installed the product and the KSN was working again. Phew! Unbelievable! Then, updated it, restarted it, and the KSN is dead once again.

Bottom line: Kaspersky is a crappy product. I wasted my money on this nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.