• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lagg100

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 22, 2014
Hello, My name is lagg100. Im from Estonia and i came here because here are friendly people. I've been testing malware for 2-3 years. And sorry for my bad English, as i said Im from Estonia.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hello and Welcome to MalwareTips Forum. Its good to have u too as our new friend. :)
You have got a nice security setup over there.
If u dont mind i would suggest u to extend ur security by adding a free Password Manager like LASTPASS Free Password Manager. In addition u can add HTTPS Everywhere Chrome extension.

Reactions: echo1 and tonibalas

lagg100

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 22, 2014
Hello, purshupro, Thank You for the suggestion. I downloaded LastPass to my Google Chrome and it works the best. Thank You again!

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
My suggestion is to add another browser (mozzila based) in case you have a problem with chrome and if you aren't using IE.
Very good config and thanks for sharing:)

Reactions: echo1

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Are you running Windows Defender on Windows 8.1, or have it disabled? If not, why not?

Windows 8/8.1 comes with a built-in Antivirus + Antispware protection. You can find it via the Control Panel as Windows Defender. It was previously known as Microsoft Security Essentials, and different to Windows Defender from Vista and 7, which was only an Anti-spyware application.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Any reason why N/A for Windows 8? Also you can upgrade for free patch of Windows 8.1.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would make sure Widows 8.1 is updated to the latest updates.
Consider using CCleaner or Privazer if not already installed.
If no Security program on Windows 8.1 at least make sure defender is enabled
Agree with some of the other suggestions already made.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: tonibalas
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.