Larcher's Configuration

larcher

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
Hi everyone,

This is my security configuration.

Real-time protection: Emsisoft Anti-malware, SecureAplus Cloud engines only, and Comodo Firewall.
on demand scanners: Hitmanpro, Malwarebytes anti-malware, Trojan Killer, Zemana anti-malware, Panda Cloud cleaner, Dr. Web Cure it, Comodo cleaning essentials, and Unhackme
Web filter: Umbrella roaming client using Open DNS

Thanks for reading,
Lowell

Reactions: tonibalas

scot

Level 9
Verified
Dec 5, 2014
Hello larcher,
I think you do not need SecureAplus. Other than that everything looks nice.
Thanks for sharing your config with us.

Reactions: frogboy

larcher

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
Hi, Thanks for your input, yeah I just installed that about a week ago to test it out but I know I was plenty well protected before without it. I'm glad you like the rest of my configuration.

Reactions: scot
H

hjlbx

Hello larcher,

EAM + CF. :D

Just a suggestion...

You currently have a lot of duplicate scan engines using those secondary scanners together (e.g. HMP & ZAM - Kaspersky, CCE & Comodo).

You can eliminate all those secondary scanners with HerdProtect. It uses all the AV vendor scan engines.

Although, when I tried it a few months back it was a buggy on my W8.1 system.

It's still in beta.

• AOMEI Backup will handle all your back-up needs. Recommend incremental.
  • LastPass if you have a lot of passwords to manage.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,

> On demand scanners, keep the following! Hitman Pro Alert,Malwarebytes anti-malware, Trojan Killer!
> Also, herdProtect portable (very buggy) with ZAM Portable, on USB Stick. Use if needed....or weekly.
> Add Shadow Defender! Backup for CF.
> Add Bitdefender Traffic Light onto your browser.

It is totally up to you. These are my suggestions!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Prior downloading malware samples if your computer have enough resources then you may done via isolated environment like Virtual Machine.

Other scanners are better keep and place in a USB which leaves only the starters that have imminent detection capabilities on scanning.

Reactions: Moose

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Some type of backup solution and consider some of the suggestions previously posted.Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: Moose

larcher

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will at some point get a better backup solution such as Acronis True Image, I also might use a free backup software like the one suggested above. I feel I don't need bitdefender traffic light since I have Open DNS Umbrella roaming client. Thanks for the suggestion on me running on-demand scanners that use multiple duplicate engines but in my testing their detection rates using some of the same engines showed very different detection rates at times so that's why I like to use them all. I already have a VM setup but thanks for that suggestion since if I didn't that would have been a great suggestion. I have used herd protect before and do like it even though it is a little buggy as other have mentioned. I simply forgot to mention it since I didn't have it installed at the time I posted this. I might consider Shadow defender in the future but at this point I'm not sure if I need it since I install stuff all the time and I would have to test how much work it is to switch in and out of its modes when I install things and save data and such as I have used a similar solution in the past at work called Deepfreeze and that was a little bit of a hassle to use as I had to restart by disabling deepfreeze mode every time I wanted to make any changes to my computer and maybe I'm mistaken but it sounds a lot like Deepfreeze. I might consider LastPass as well in the future so thanks for that, I have heard of it and know people that have used it for years but I have not tried it out for myself yet. Thanks again for that suggestion though as all suggestions are much appropriated. I again wanted to thank everyone for their replies and suggestions.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.