Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
windows10-04-578-80.jpg

Microsoft has released more details about its latest Windows 10 build, version 9860 (the original one was 9841), a few days after it was rolled out.

According to a chart posted on Twitter by the director of Windows program management, Gabriel Aul, 41% of users installed the build on desktops, compared with nearly a third on laptops and 22% choosing a VM as their default Windows 10 platform. Additionally, 5% installed Windows 10 "bleeding edge" on a tablet, all-in-one (AIO) PC or something else.

We know already that one million people have signed up for Windows 10 preview which means that there's potentially just as many installs out in the wild.

Upon release, 36% installed it in a VM, with 64% choosing an actual PC. What could that mean? Given that the build is a compulsory update, it is likely that it has been installed on a bigger user base.

Early access

VMs are used mostly by early adopters, especially in enterprise setups, which are eager to get the OS on its toes without having to dedicate an extra computer to it.

It is likely that most of the newcomers have opted to install it directly on their computer rather than on a VM which could indicate that this category of users is now comfortable with Windows 10 altogether and don't even mind using it as their primary OS.

D

Deleted member 21043

Anyone experienced the Windows 10 bug with the Windows Store? Basically, every 1 - 2 minutes the Windows Store will just open. It doesn't matter what you are doing... It will open, flash in your face and then hide in the task bar. No matter how many times you close it, it will never close for good and will come back within about a minute.

Reactions: Secondmineboy

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
People seem to be experiencing a lot more bugs in 9860, I will stick with 9841 as it seems very stable and the only problem I have come across is I can't install Sandboxie, so I will wait til another more stable build before I update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.