Guide | How To Learn how to "Safe Browse"!

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Maximum

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Learn how to "Safe Browse"!

"Safe Browsing" will help you avoid getting Viruses, Malware, and other malicious content on your computer & prevent a loss of your personal information & data.

Choosing a good browser:
Every browser is unique in its own ways & has special features, but there is only a few that is secure and allows you to tweak it to make it more secure.

Recommended Browser's:
Google Chrome
Opera
Mozilla Firefox

Choosing the right Add-ons:
Add-ons is a 'computer program' that extends the functionality of your Web Broswer, Under this step we will be using/applying add-ons that are trusted by millions & have proven themselves to help you protect your PC from malicious content.

Recommended Add-ons:
SafeScript (Google Chrome) or NoScript (Firefox)
HTTPs Everywhere
Adblock Plus
or Adblock Edge
Ghostery
uBlock
Web of Trust

Some tips to help you out:
  • Never click random links that you are not sure to trust or not.
  • Never open any emails you were not expecting.
  • Beware of Third-Party sites & downloads.
  • Use a good AV & Firewall.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21043

Google Chrome can be attacked, easily. So can IE.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

eight

I have seen the BuyNSave Ads malware / virus infect more of Google Chrome users than Internet Explorer users.

advantage base

Level 2
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
use good dns like norton or open dns
use adguard-avast online security-surfpatrol-disconnect for extra protection in browser
use bufferzone or sandboxi when browse the web
use one free and secure vpn for maximum anonymity on the Net
config you're browser to clear all data when u close browser ;)

Reactions: Oxygen
E

eight

It sure is. If I ever have to use something other than Internet Explorer it is always Mozilla Firefox.

Maximum

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Google Chrome can be attacked, easily. So can IE. Not sure about Firefox.

I have updated this thread!

Also, Chrome is very good, It may be able to get attacked easily but its security level is rising & With the plugins that i listed above there should be no problem as long as you also use your common sense.

Maximum

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
It is not fork of Google Chrome, it uses blink and chromium. These are open-source developed browsers. IMHO, Opera should be in this list, and better extension can be placed in the first post.

I'll add opera back, I guess my source was wrong that i got it from.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
In that case every Chromium based browser will seem like a Fork of Google Chrome to you.
Technically, Google Chrome is a fork to Chromium as Chromium is the main browser; Google just forked a version of their own software to add more features and a more consume-friendly version.

7 Proud Months Of MT Service,

Chromatinfish 123

Reactions: jamescv7 and yigido

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
For Chromium browsers, you should also add uMatrix.. It behaves similarly to NoScript, but they are somehow different..

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I use Firefox with NoScript (you don't need it, I use it for blocking all unknown scripts) + AdBlock Plus + Ghostery.

I also use HitmanPro.Alert but I don't know how relevant it is.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Because after doing some research its just a fork of google chrome, So that's one of the reasons why I removed it.

Well in such picture let say is Yes, but they followed in such different approach there from migrating from Presto to Blink engine so its still a unique browser. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.