Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Can anyone suggest any faster,lighter alternative to Chrome based on chromium?

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Hello, @Kent..
As far as I remember, I'm an Opera user. Of course, Opera wasn't always a Chromium-based browser, but I really like it. So that's my suggestion. Definitely, it's lighter than Chrome and more attractive, too.
As far as security is concerned, only Opera, Chrome, SRWare Iron and Chromium itself use the latest version of the Chromium builds. Chrome has more addons to choose from, but I can't ignore the privacy issues.

Last edited:
S

Sr. Normal

hi

I have been using for some time the Browser SRWare ago and am quite happy with it. It is the same as Chrome but without Google send my browsing data , so it is faster and private.

I'm not sure how to look consumption, since in the task manager I get seven different lines that call chrome.exe * 32 and the sum of the values given in RAM around 200,000 kb , but the truth is that I have plump extensions: wott , adblock , qihoo360 , do not track me , Ghostery , google docs. FreeMarker converter, foxit reader ... the CPU values reach 20 if I load a page with lots of pictures to stay in 0 seconds .

In Google Chrome, doing exactly the same to me identical results , so only recommend this program to the " paranoid " like me who want maximum privacy.

What I noticed his speed is in charge of the program , especially in the first with freshly lit computer.

Greetings to all and I wish you a good day

Reactions: Kent

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Here is one intresting test by Gizmos.

Windows Web Browser Performance

Web-browser-engine-perf-vs-res-use-2a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.