Status
Not open for further replies.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Running Tiranium at the moment on an old xp laptop with only half a gig of ram and it`s feeling very light.

Webroot though would be the lightest ever, ever,ever.

Regards Eck:)

Reactions: Jimmy HendriX

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
Depends on what you are calling FP for ESET WinXpert, i have heard you calling several PUnwanted and PUnsafe detections FP when they really are not at all.
Do you have some testing or pictures, i would really enjoy to see what you got my friend. :);)

Reactions: Littlebits

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
The only thing with threatfire is it was retired years ago after symantec purchased pctools.
Its no longer in production, doesnt receive updates, etc, etc, i would not know where to begin with how good it might be at handling todays latest threats. I would sure enjoy some testing against the new forms of malware today.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Are you using Windows 8.1 Pro?
I hope its compatible with Windows 8.1
So you mean to say ThreatFire can basically handle malware, even without main AV?
Is Threatfire lighter and faster than ESET?

I use Threatfire as a second layer of protection on client's PCs. Not compatible with Win 8. I don't recommend using it without any good AV offering real time protection. Yes I've used it many times to remove malwares, sality included.

The only thing with threatfire is it was retired years ago after symantec purchased pctools.
Its no longer in production, doesnt receive updates, etc, etc, i would not know where to begin with how good it might be at handling todays latest threats. I would sure enjoy some testing against the new forms of malware today.

It still have signature updates but not that often anymore. Anyway you can tweak the settings to bump up the protection. It's behavior based, so if a new malware falls into a category of a known behavior, I think Threatfire will flag it as a threat.

Reactions: Arakasi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.