Battle Lightest free antivirus with HIPS or Sandbox, except Comodo?

Davidov

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Hello
  1. Looking for a lightweight antivirus system antivirus.Only free.You can compare xvirus, Immunet etc tnx.
  2. Seeking antivirus free with SandBox and hips except Comodo.

Mod Edit: Title

Last edited by a moderator:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hello 1)Looking for a lightweight antivirus system antivirus.Only free.You can compare xvirus, Immunet etc tnx.
2)Seeking antivirus free with SandBox and hips except Comodo.
360 total security has sandbox but doesn't have a hips.

Why don't you get sandboxie and something like private firewall or win patrol and get a standlone antivirus.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Avast Free's beta version contains the implementations of HIPS which you can try on a separate environment + consider it has sandbox but for detecting any possible threats concept.

Well speaking of lightweight then why not try Bitdefender Free or Panda Cloud Free; both doesn't sacrifice a lot of resources since their components are rely more on cloud.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would think you would be fine with a lightweight free Antivirus & Firewall(even Windows Firewall) plus Sandboxie. I would consider a secure browser and a Sandbox before thinking HIPS.
Consider the above suggestions made by @Dani Santos & @jamescv7 both offer sound advice.

Davidov

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Thanks for the idea behind. I tried Xvirus but did not start the installation.I tried to reinstall the NET Framework and nothing.When installing Xvirus pops any mistakes.I use Sandboxie + 10 windows firewall control but we are looking for low antivirus system

Reactions: Dani Santos

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Thanks for the idea behind. I tried Xvirus but did not start the installation.I tried to reinstall the NET Framework and nothing.When installing Xvirus pops any mistakes.I use Sandboxie + 10 windows firewall control but we are looking for low antivirus system
What was the issue? Why didn't you start the installation?

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Qihoo 360 Total Security even with all four engines is surprisingly light and lets you configure it without confusing options. It does have HIPS, BB, sandbox, USB scanner, and a browser extension in addition to top-notch AV. It is free and there isn't even a paid-for version. Get the Win10 version download if you're going to run Win10.

cf. http://corp.360.cn/ot/cloud-basedtechnologies.html
(scroll down to "QVM" and continue reading...only document I've found that goes into some detail about how 360 works and what it does, the "investor relations" page of all things!)

Also understand that Qihoo's primary market consists of old PCs used by not-so-computer-savvy users...so performance and no-bloat are essential.

Reactions: Davidov

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Baidu, yesterday was telling me that svchost wanted to change things of the windows security center, and I allowed it, i do not know if I screwed it xDD

svchost is primarily use normal to obtain basic functions of Windows services and programs, so that should not be a problem. The file itself should be came from Windows Directory.

aksdf

Level 1
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
Huorong, very light, and with a killing, the main defense intelligence, network control, a hips, built-in and custom rules, but no sandbox, temporarily only in Chinese.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.