Battle Lightest Security Setup 2015

Y

yigido

Real time : Avira Free Antivirus
On demand : HitmanPro
Addon : Chromium (µBlock+HTTPS Everywhere) / Firefox (Adguard+HTTPS Everywhere)

Avira Free Antivirus is very light on my system (when I was testing) and my gf system (she still using it).There is no tricky feature in it. Privacy is acceptable for free version(the best on free area). HitmanPro with no installing and only weekly scans. You can use all filters in these adblockers for your privacy and tracking problems (or your other needs). HTTPS Everywhere is one of the best extension for all browsers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Windows 7 SP 1:
  1. Real time - ESET *Currently using Smart Security (8)
  2. On demand Scanner - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  3. Add-on - *Now using uBlock Origin
  4. Add-on - NoScript
Edit: Updated *
:eek:Oh, oh... :oops:
There are more add-ons; and as quickly as that we say goodbye (*waves farewell) to all hope of unhindered lightness!:rolleyes:
  • LastPass
  • SelfDestructingCookies
  • HTTPS Everywhere
"Hi. My name is Cats-, and I am an Add-on-a-holic..".;)

Last edited:

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
Hello everyone, nice to meet you again,
For me The Lightest Security Setup 2015 is Webroot (Webroot Secure Anywhere) AV (WSAV)
ESET version 8.0.304 CPU Resources 100MB
ESET vs Kaspersky (KIS)
wsa_kis15.png

ESET vs WSA
eset_wsa.png

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.