Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
You have Wine and PlayOnLinux also. I use them on my Arch. Linux is about adding what you want, compiling and so on. There isn't a best OS for gaming, you can add and remove for any OS.

If you wanna play Windows Games on linux you should use KDE and remove all the effects (it will work amazing). This is how I did on my Debian before and now on my Arch.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
so basically for linux gaming you can pick any linux distro you want and play games aslong as you have some form of software like wine,codeweavers or playonlinux

Reactions: Oxygen
I

illumination

Yes.. As mentioned above, desktop environments like KDE with all default effects can use more system resources. Using other lighter desktop environments, will lessen the resource use, and make using anything at that point quite enjoyable.. The best thing to do is to just try one, if it does not work for your needs, try another.. Installing Linux from a bootable ISO does not take long at all. I can freshly install any Ubuntu distro, and have it fully updated in around an hour.. Online guides and tips from other users are all over the internet for making things work, that sometimes do not out of the box.. I do photo editing on linux, watch movies "DVD's", have steam installed, run virtual machines with windows for testing, you name it, and have no problems doing so.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
im watching a review of linux mint 17.1 and people are saying its stable and light, i guess il install it via USB since my pc doesnt have a cd drive

A

AnoOtaku

Personally I would install Ubuntu mate edition 14.04 as it is the classic user interface as is much lighter than cinnamon (XFCE for an even lighter option but with less eye candy). Always stick to LTS releases if you want a stable experience. Mate also are starting to integrate gtk 3 libraries as well so there will be very little reason to use cinnamon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.